Tonight.

Fucking Harrison.

Neil was pissed. Okay, to say pissed is a bit of an understatement at this point but whatever. This is the fifth time this week that the camp's resident Houdini knockoff has given him a headache.

It all started at that week's camp activity, magic camp. Not the dnd "magic" camp, the stereotypical- not to mention completely fake and nonsensical- magic camp. Neil was only pointing out the logic behind the tricks to the non-believers, and once again Harrison had something to say about that. From there, the disagreement, because it couldn't be called an argument since Neil's not a complete child, dissolved from the camp counselors interference. Only for the dispute to turn into a full-on prank war.

It started simple. Both boys stealing something of the other's, something they wouldn't really miss but got upset at the fact that it was stolen.

Harrisons hat. Neil's blanket. Little things. Items that eventually escalated to Neil's toothbrush bring stolen. He needs that.

Grumbling angrily under his breath, Neil slid onto his seat in the dining hall, picking at his food half-heartedly. "Whoa, what's got your panties in a twist?" He looked up to see Max smirking at him with wide eyes, looking amused. The prick, he's enjoying this.

"Harrison," Neil replied curtly, not in the mood to talk.

"Oh." Max turned his attention back to his own plate of subpar camp food, looking suddenly disinterested. It's something Neil has noticed. The blank look Max gets every time he mentions that snotnosed wannabe chump of a magician. Oh well, it's not his problem. He has bigger fish to excavate and fry in boiling oil. Namely, Harrison.

"Have you seen him? He stole my-"

"Yeah, don't care." Max slowly chewed his food, avoiding eye contact with him. What's his damage?

Neil stared at him. Stared and stared and stared, hopefully making the other boy uncomfortable with the weight of his gaze. They ate their food in silence, the entire table quiet since Nikky was hanging around Arid like a puppy that day. The noise from the other tables only emphasized their lack of conversation. Eventually, Max sighed. He scowled like he was reluctantly talking himself into doing something. Slamming his fork onto the table, he looked Neil in the eye. "He's at the lake."

Neil immediately shot up and ran out of the hall, but not before shooting Max a thankful look. He saw Max wave.

He didn't see Max clutch at his arm as he watched Neil's retreating figure leave the hall.

---

"Harrison!" Said boy turned around, a smile on his face.

Neil slowed his stride down until he was standing before the boy, hands on his knees and panting. "J-jesus.. fucking.. christ." Out of breath, Neil took a moment to collect himself, with Harrison surprisingly waiting for him to catch his bearings. All the other did was quietly giggle, seeming to find a disheveled Neil quiet funny. His chest bubbled with anger along with this weird.. feeling of warmth.

He hopes that feeling doesn't mean he's dying.

"Okay Harrison, where is it?" Despite his legs feeling like jelly from running so far, Neil chose to tower over Harrison, who was sitting, just to make a point. A rather petty point but he doesn't particularly give a fuck at the moment. His foot tapped impatiently.

Harrison only patted the space next to him. The two boys stared at each other, until Neil relented with an annoyed grumble as he sat next to the boy who he currently wanted to strangle.

The boy who-he-would-like-to-oh-so-very-much strangle smiled at his compliance, then turned to look at the dim moon's light softly reflect off the lake. It was rather scenic, but hard to enjoy while enraged. Which Neil was. Even more so now that they were sitting in silence.