Delayed rescue.

Keller sat in what he liked to call hell. The walls were flat and white, the hum of the mini fridge was constant, there was no light except the dim fluorescent light of the cryostasis device which drove him mad every day and of course the goddamn door that wouldn't open. He was stuck in a sealed chamber that was intended for rich doomsday preppers and according to the scratched and dented wall he had been trapped here for about ten days.

No one checks the chambers. It was all a scam to get money from paranoid old men, going by the staff's gossip of course. Every day he doubted that more and more as he fought boredom by fiddling with the doors and the walls, everything was so sturdy like it was designed to fulfill its purpose then there was the cryostasis device. The object he refused to touch out of fear that he ruin his only way of survival if things got really bad or the mini fridge ran out of sandwiches. Keller sighed his mind nearing what he thought was insanity, little did he know that he was just at the tip of the iceberg.
...
Qwerty rode through the desert wasteland at an incredibly slow pace. the horse he had stolen from Asd had been thoroughly radiation poisoned  from the water and was desperately needing a break after riding 2 km. Qwerty sighed exasperatedly he wasn't going to get leave the desert without a healthy horse but maybe just maybe he could find an oasis or something and try his luck with radiated water. 1 km that's as far as he'll take the horse.

All he could see was sand. Sand here sand there same freaking everywhere. He groaned as the heat beamed down. He really didn't plan this that well... He contemplated on whether he should stay or go but just as he did something caught his eye a building that must've been a tower in the old days now buried in the sand. He awkwardly got off the horse and scrambled his way up the ridiculously tall sand dune when he finally got to the top he kicked a hole into the flimsy glass. Carefully he entered the refreshingly cool building and decided that this was his home now since he couldn't really go back so why not investigate the premises?

Qwerty ventured down into the building going down spiraling stairs and dark corridors. He was in awe of the cleanness and elegance of the architecture everything was sterile and nice, unlike the village. Soon he reached a long hallway where the air was freezing he must be at least a mile into the ground. He thought that he should go somewhere else where it wasn't so freaky but his stomach rumbling told him that supplies may be still good due to the temperature. Deciding to continue he entered the hallway with apprehension, making his way down carefully.
...
Keller stared at the broken glass in his hand. He was contemplating on ending it all. Should he do it? Was there any hope for him? Would dying from starvation be better? Where would he even stab himself? He trembled as he brought the shard to his throat. He pressed down and. The door opened. Keller dropped the glass and ran to his savior tackling him to the ground. Desperately, he pressed his ear to the man's chest to make sure this wasn't a dream or one of the many illusions he's seen before. "You're real." He muttered. "You're really real!" He shouted as the man winced, Keller laughed "Oh my god you all took your time! I got so desperate that I used the machine! So how long has it been? A month, I'll be in the papers for this!" He blabbered as he reveled in the fact he was talking to a living, breathing, genuine human. "Could you get off me please?" The man said. "Oh! Yes of course sorry!" Keller said slightly embarrassed as he pushed himself off the confused man. "How long has everyone been looking for me? Not too long I hope then again this place is a labyrinth pain in the ass to clean I'll tell you that." He prattled not really caring about his audience. The man just looked at him as if he was some sort of alien, a foreigner, inhuman. "What? Is there something wrong with me. I feel fine I swear!" He insisted, 

"You're..." The man tried to say but stopped to find the right words. "You're not... you don't belong here" He said uncertain if that was the right wording, Keller blinked, "Wait, what?" The man looked increasingly uncomfortable and just walked away. "Hey!" Keller shouted as he chased after the man. "What do you mean? Please, tell me." He pleaded pulling on the man's arm to stop him. The man stopped suddenly catching him off guard and nearly making him trip. "You're from the old world, the past." He explained cryptically, Keller gave a confused look and shrugged. "Look, thanks for getting me out but I have family to reunite with." He said as he started to walk out of the hallway, the man followed him like a puppy curious to see where he was going but completely silent. Keller continued to make his way through the building making his way to the entrance he was slightly put off by the darkness of the tower but assumed it was the weekend so of course everything was powered down. Finally Keller reached the entrance and gasped as he saw sand packed against the glass spilling out from the small gaps. He realized that something wasn't right here he turned around to face the man. "I told you..." The man reminded as Keller looked on with horror and confusion. 

What on Earth was happening to him?