Chapter One: The Accident

Hey, I'm (y/n) and I used to have to have a perfect life. With my wonderful and beautiful mother and my crazy but sweet little sister until one day.

(Italics are flashbacks)

It was a beautiful Saturday morning and my mom, sister and I were going out to see a movie.

“(y/n)! Stop lying! You totally have a crush on that guy in your choir class!!”, my little sister Lacie kept on bugging me about this guy named Tyler that's in choir with me. I don't really have a crush on him but he IS cute. He has beautiful porcelain colored skin, a black lip and eyebrow ring, a little bit of smudged eyeliner on at all times, and some Raven colored hair that covered one eye.

The truth is the only reason I think he's cute is because he reminds me of Pete Wentz, the bassist in my favorite band ; Fall Out Boy.

“Lacie stop it!! I don't like Tyler, I've told you 1 million times!” I say sounding fake agitated. I can't really get mad at Lacie, she's just your average 12 year old girl. She's really sweet and all, but when it comes to boys she's like a completely different person.

Lacie grinned at me, “You've told me 10 times actually” she said to me sounding like the smartass she is.
“Lacie that's not the point!” I groan at her and I see my mom smiling in the rearview mirror.

“You girls..” my mom laughed at us and smiled. “Now Lacie, if (y/n) says she doesn't like him then she doesn't” my mom chuckled softly and rolled her eyes playfully.

“But mooommmm it's obvious (y/n) likes Tyler!” she faked whined and looked over at me with a wink. “Lacie if you don't stop I swear to God that choker of your's will actually be used for choking” I growl at her, obviously not being serious. (This is in like 2007, 2008- ish so chokers were in style)

The rest of the drive we were arguing over if I like Tyler or not, our mom defending me and laughing. But all of a sudden a car pulled in front of us, my mom was too busy laughing to notice and we rear ended them. But it got worse as the car behind us ran into us and Lacie wasn't wearing a seat belt and my mom got suffocated by the airbag.

The last thing I remember is waking up in the hospital with a shattered color bone, a few broken ribs, and a broken leg. A sweet nurse came in with a nervous look in her eyes, she gave me the news that my sister and Mom were dead, that they tried saving them but they couldn't.

The morning after I was asked questions about my family and if I had any relatives that could take care of me, my Aunt Jessica lived in the next town over and she had a 2 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. We called her and told her about the situation and she was willing to take me in.

Conveniently enough they were in the middle of selling their house so they could have a bigger one for their family, as they are trying for another baby. So they bought a house in the town I lived in since my aunt didn't want to have to make me leave my friends, since losing family was hard enough.

So the funeral happened and I cried..a lot. My aunt Jessica hugged me and told me to stay strong, that everything will be okay and my friends will help me get through it.

It's been a month since the accident and I still cry myself to sleep almost every night, my aunt Jessica is great and my cousins are really sweet and give me lots of love. The six year olds name is Riley, and the two year olds name is Mason. The accident happened the weekend after school got out so I just stayed with them until they bought a house and sold their other one.

We got everything packed and moved in two weeks. They bought a fairly big house, it has four bedrooms and three and a half bathrooms. All of which were fairly well sized. My aunt is pregnant again so after we moved in they started working on the babies room.

My uncle Brent works a lot and so does my aunt, it's not a big deal because I watch the kiddos, they aren't that much to deal with and they keep my mind occupied, as I said they're really sweet.

I have a little black kitten that I got just before the accident named Luna and she has beautiful blue eyes, she's really precious and small and she puts a smile on my face, hell I even sleep with her at night.

                     ~a week later~

I walk in the house quietly, back from my part time job at a Taco Bell that I got to make some extra money for myself. I work the night shift so I can take care of the kids during the day, I work 9 pm to 4 am. So I obviously had to basically sneak in.

I went upstairs to my room and tip toed past Riley and Mason's room and into mine. The walls are painted a cool grey with Fall Out Boy, Metallica, My Chemical Romance, and Marilyn Manson posters covering the wall that my bed is on. The bed sheets are black with a galaxy comforter. A black and turquoise vanity sits on the opposite wall, it doesn't have much things on it, mostly purfumes and lotions.

The only actual makeup I have is a BUNCH of black eyeliner, a nude eyeshadow palette, some tinted moisturizer, and mascara.

I have a fairly nice sized closet, it mostly has band shirts and hoodies in it. And my dresser has black leggings and black skinny jeans in it.

So when I walk into my room I kick off my Vans, take off my jeans and work shirt. I take off my sports bra (because fuck normal bras) and put on an oversized Metallica shirt that used to be my dads.

Oh by the way my dad died when I was very young, and he was a metal head. He literally loved all metal bands and my mom kept all his vintage band shirts because she practically knew I was gonna be emo.

My sister just listened to generic pop music and she LOVED boy bands a girl groups. We were polar opposites but I loved her to death (literally).

I lay down in my bed and grab the stuffed bear I've had since I was six, it's pretty worn but it's a good size that's perfect for cuddling.

I roll over and admire the Fall Out Boy poster right where my head would be, I love all of them lots but my heart has and always will be set on Pete.

Before I know it I feel a few tears falling down my face, I was thinking about the time my mom sister and I went to a FOB concert four years ago when I was 13. My mom and I were jamming out and my sister was pouting because it wasn't Brittney Spears or someone like that. I fell asleep crying while my holding teddy bear tight and Luna laying by my feet.

The end..

A/N// well I started this, I was just really inspired and I hope I can keep it up. I love Toxic but I feel like I rushed things and now I don't know where to take the story, I think I'll try to finish it and then re-write Toxic. But I feel like this story is gonna be great, I actually try to commit to this and update every week.

I came up with this idea by listening to the song above, but I don't know how closely it relates to the song because it's about love being dead. But yeahhh, I'll take things slower so it'll be more entertaining.