CHAPTER 1

Beah POV

"Are you ready to go to the first day of your new church?"

We just moved to Indiana from Illinois. I miss our old church. I had a couple friends there, moving sermons, and great lessons. But I know that my new church will turn out to be alright.

I nodded,"Yeah. What should I wear?" I held up two outfits. One had a gray jacket and a cute blue top, the other had a purple hoodie with white letters printed on it reading "Illinois". I figured Id just wear jeans as my pants. "How about you wear something a bit more fancier, this is a new church." My mother approached my closet and took out a fancy blouse was blue and had big, white polka dots all over it. "I'll pass," I snickered and threw on the hoodie. My mother rolled her eyes and picked up her keys.

"Alright. Let's go."

We were finally standing in front of the huge white building. It looked nice. I mean, it was much bigger than my old church. I made my way inside and the first room was filled with joyful people. They looked extremely excited for the service. We decided to join the first service which was held at 9. "You're going to kids church." My mom took my hand and we squeezed through all these happy looking people. When we succeeded getting through, my mother stopped in front of three guys, that looked very friendly. "Beah, these are our pastors." My mother smiled."This is Pastor Todd, Pastor Pablo, and Pastor Craig, your pastor." I nodded and I introduced myself. "Hi I'm Beah."

"Are you excited?" PC, a nickname I created in my head, stopped in front of a door. Music blared from the room. I didn't like loud noises so I didn't believe that I'd enjoy stepping in there. I nodded, a bit shyly. He giggled and opened the door. People were dancing and having fun. Maybe this won't be as bad as I thought?

"I'll introduce you to the girls your age." He nodded and guided me towards three girls. One had blonde hair and blue eyes, that color coordinated with her blue dress. She was babbling on about this play she was in. Another girl with short brown hair burst out laughing, making the blonde roll her eyes. There was also this other girl with long ombré hair standing across from the blonde, next to the girl with short hair. She sent one last text on her phone, then flipped her head up and had a lost expression. I sighed.

"Try to make some friends." PC winked and walked off.

I sighed one last time, and walked toward the girls that were now laughing. "Hi." I blurted out. They took one look at me and presented a small smile. "I'm Beah." I introduced myself. Typical friend making process you could say. Introduce yourself and you're done.

"Sup, I'm Madi." The ombré chick smiled a bit, then looked back down to her phone.

"Hi I'm Kaja." She held out a hand to high five me. She seems cool.

"Hey, I'm Jayden." She giggled out.

She patted Madi's back to signal that she was being rude.

She flipped her head up quickly and gave a small laugh.

"Nice to meet you."

I chuckled, just when a kid runs into me.

"What the heck, man," the kid shouted at another boy across the room, "Why did you throw it this way?" The kid sighed.

"I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" The boy helped me up and I brushed my knees off. "I'm fine." I gave an annoyed smile. "Hi fine, I'm Joseph." He gave a cute smile- cute? Uh, I don't know this "Joseph" kid. "My name is actually B-Beah." I expressed in a way that seems forgiving. "You're a jerk, Joseph." The ombré chick shouted at him.

Why do I want to stand up for this kid? I barely know him.