WHY KIZAMI?! WHYYYYYYYYy

“Crap, crap, crap” Ayumi thought. “Where on earth is Kishinuma?” They agreed on sticking together, but they managed lose one another during the last earthquake that went through the school building. “Kishinuma-kun!?” She yelled out, with no reply.  Ayumi felt like crying, being in here was terrifying enough already, but now she even lost Yoshiki. She was alone. This was all so rotten.

She was snapped out of her thoughts by a noise coming from behind her.  She turned around, only to see the door behind her opened and Yoshiki on his knees, out of breath. “Kishinuma-kun!” Ayumi said relieved that he was alive, and hurried over to him. “Shinozaki, run!” Yoshiki said, still out of breath. “W-what? We’re not leaving each other behind again!” She protested.  Suddenly, a tall figure raised behind him. Ayumi never saw such a thing. It was half human, half anatomic model. It was about to strike for Yoshiki with a knife, but Ayumi pulled him away.

After pulling Yoshiki away from the anatomic model, she grabbed his hand and started running. “We have to hide somewhere!” she mentioned. It was a few seconds later when she spotted a closet, and pulled the both of them in it.

Once inside, she let out a sigh and heard Yoshiki recovering his breath. After his breathing returned to normal, she spoke up. “Where were you the whole time? What is that thing?” she whispered. “I was out looking for you, okay? And I don’t know, but when I was walking around, it suddenly attacked me.” He replied on the same tone. “And you’re not hurt?” she asked carefully. “Don’t know, I didn’t really check myself on wounds yet.” He mumbled.  She turned her head to face him, but bumped her nose against his. Of course that had to happen, what would you expect while being squeezed together in such a tiny space.

Minutes of akward silence passed, and they still heard the heavy footsteps of the anatomic model walking around.  “Damn that thing, when will it leave?” Ayumi hissed through gritted teeth.  This was all way to akward for her liking. She knew she wasn’t really in a situation to complain, but.. Sitting like this wasn’t really comfortable.  Besides, she started to notice she, let’s say, didn’t per say mind it to be squeezed so tight against Yoshiki. His body felt really warm, and his breathing in her neck made her feel somewhat more relaxed.  His presence always did.

“I think he’s gone” Yoshiki said, snapping Ayumi out of her thoughts. “Let’s g-“ “No.” she replied, not getting up. “Let’s sit here for a little longer.” She said with a softer voice. “Ah- okay” Yoshiki replied.