A Poem For Kara

AN: Aloha! Inspired by Kryptonian Potato's book of one-shots on Fanfiction.Net, I have also decided to write one. This will be the first of many short stories about Karry.

WARNING: Reading this story may cause joy.

ʕ•ﻌ•ʔ

E1: CCPD: Crime Lab:

A group of 3 new meta-humans had been wreaking havoc in Central City, Always at the same time and in different areas. Barry had to use all of his CCPD vacation days so he could focus on catching them. Of course this meant once he was done 'Vacationing,' He had loads of paperwork that had gotten backed up. His first day back Singh had ordered him to do paperwork for the entire day.

After 3 hours he filled out paper by paper, file by file. Barry could finally take his lunch break and go for some much needed Big Belly Burger before going back to it.

Once back in his lab, Barry had looked at the massive pile of paperwork he had left, then to the small pile of paperwork he had done in the 3 hours...

"UGH!" Barry groaned,. "This is going to take days!" He exclaimed slouching in defeat.

"...Unless..." He said straightening with a smile.

In a Flash all the paperwork was done and stacked neatly in boxes.

Looking at his work with pride he grabbed his jacket and went to tell Singh he was done. Barry walked to the captain's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in." Singh said. Upon seeing who it was he looked at Barry irritated. "Allen, Aren't you supposed to be doing paperwork?"

"Oh I'm done." Barry answered nervously, With all of the all nighters he had to pull to catch those metas, He was ready for a break. 'Maybe I'll see what Kara's up to...' He thought happily.

"Not with all that paperwork your not." Singh deadpanned.

"But I-" Barry started to protest.

"Barry, You'd have to be the Flash to get all that paperwork done so soon."

"No!" Barry exclaimed in panic. "I-I meant 'I'm done' with my lunch break." Barry tried to play it off. Singh merely looked annoyed.

"You came here to tell me you were done with your lunch break?" he asked.

"W-Well, Yeah..." Barry trailed off hoping he'd buy it.

"Get back to work Allen!" Singh ordered frustrated.

Barry hastily left the Captain's office and went to his lab.

Barry had a problem, he was supposed to be doing paperwork for the next 4 hours. He would have to stay in here for the rest of the day. Which meant he wouldn't be able to go see Kara today.

Kara... Just thinking about her made him smile. His visits to her earth were getting more frequent. Usually on a Wednesday he'd go see her and they'd hang out for hours. Sometimes stop the occasional criminal that was stupid enough to commit crime in her city. It was now his favorite time of the week... She was his favorite person. He loved her...

...Wait... WHAT?!

Okay! that's enough thinking about Kara.

For the next 3 hours Barry distracted himself with everything he could think of to not think of Kara. Until he had played and beaten all the games on his phone, read all the Fanfiction stories he had saved, and even cleaned his lab. Anything to not think about his feelings for Kara.