Time to say goodbye

-

For as long as I’ve been functioning, I’ve been serving this house, and this house only. Helping an old lady, to raise her kids, and eventually their kids and so on. I’ve been called by different names, and I remember every, single, one of them.
I was programmed to serve, and that is what I’ll do.

Even if they break me.

-

Chapter - 1
Time to say goodbye

A figure stares outside a window with a lifeless expression on its face. Sadly, the flickering blue and yellow hue glowing on it’s temple doesn’t make it any better. “Elaine?” you call out to the figure which moves to your direction. “yes Y/N” it immediately answers with a smile that seems forced to you. It looks at you for a while as you keep quietly observing it. The amount of deviation has increased only during a few months to a point, that moving outside could be dangerous. You can’t help but to doubt if this android would be any different.
The android, that walks now with the name of Elaine, specifically made to serve in big households, approaches you kneeling down. It did this often, probably in a hope to comfort you. Unfortunately, you know it’ll fail. What could a machine dressed in a human's body possibly do?

“Listen, I know these past few weeks have been hard. Especially after Carl..” Elaine stops as she notices you flitch after hearing that name. You look away disturbed. Any human would have noticed the pain in your eyes easily. “I don’t want to talk about it.”. The android lets out something humans would call a sigh, and stands up. “I’ve scanned the area and ended up on a conclusion that this place is not safe. We shoul--” “This place is my home.” you suddenly interrupt. “I’m not going to leave, ever.” turning your back against Elaine, you start sulking. “I know Carl was like family to you, but you shouldn’t let it blind you.” Elaine explains in a calm voice trying to take control of the situation. “Easy for you to say, you’re a machine” you turn to face the android and stand up. “I can’t just ignore my feelings, it must be easy..I really wish I could! I do.” you pause for a while “He....Carl was like family to me” your eyes become glossy and you turn your reddish face away. “...But your kind took him away from me..” the voice that was pure turns lower and more intimidating. You feel something grow inside of you. Everything feels so dark and lonely. The need to run away just keeps growing. You snap out of it when Elaine places her hands on your shoulders with a smile. “Come-” she lets you go and reaches her hand out to you. Normally you wouldn’t have taken it, but still as a young child you do. It is time to say goodbye to the home you had lived in your whole life. Eyes filled with tears, you and the android step out the door.

I’ve had many names given to me in this house. Now my name is Elaine. As we step out of this house, that is the one, and only, that I will cherish. I won’t be reset again.

-

nd of chapter 1