Love Me Forever

Original Work By Therese

-

Gary and Jody were born in the same year and coincidentally the same day in a town called Tagulan in the province of Laguna, Philippines. Both of their parents were joyfully praising GOD for this wonderful blessing. So they both decided to have the baptism of Gary and Jody on the same day with the same Godparents. As they grew up, they studied in the same public school in their town until their graduation in senior high. After their graduation, they began to live their life separately. Gary, together with his parents moved out to Metro Manila as his father, who is a lawyer by profession, was assigned in Quezon City as a Prosecutor. Gary, after passing the entrance examination for freshmen at Ateneo de Manila University, enrolled in the same school, took up a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science. While Jody was left in their town, pursued her tertiary education and enrolled in a college nearby, took up a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education and hoped to be a teacher someday.

Five years have elapsed and Jody became a teacher. She applied for a teaching job at the school where she is an alumnus. While Gary pursued a Bachelor's of Laws degree in the same school where he finished his Political Science degree. Jody was totally engrossed in the teaching job that she lost time and forgot that ten years have already passed since she finished her secondary education in the same school where she teaches now. Gary became a lawyer and has a job in the city.

Another year has passed, the Officers of their class planned to hold their first reunion. They coordinated with the school management and preparation was underway. Since it was December and Christmas vacation, the organizers decided that this monumental event would be celebrated on February 14, Valentine's Day next year. To lessen expenses, they decided that the venue for this activity is the old school gym where many of their memories were held. Everybody was excited and to ensure the success of this occasion, various committees were created. Jody was the Chairperson of the Invitation Committee tasked to track down the whereabouts of their classmates. At first, this Committee experienced some difficult situation but as they went along, they were able to know the present addresses of their classmates. Invitations were sent and confirmations of their attendance were received. Jody was apprehensive since it was already mid-January and yet the Committee has not received confirmation or any news form Gary.

Today is February 13, the organizers have their final assessment for tomorrow's big event. They felt anxious but nevertheless, they know that their preparation is now complete. Then the big day came, everyone was in their best costume, pleasantries were exchanged. The program started with the singing of the National Anthem followed by the rendition of the choir of the school hymn. It was in the middle of the program that a classmate suddenly appeared and this was noticed by the organizers. He was no other than their Class President himself. Atty. Gary Anderson. They informed the school management and Gary was given full recognition. Gary addresses the event and extends his sincere apology for not responding to the invitation. He was out of the country and only arrived two days ago and learned that a class reunion will be held. Without hesitation, he decided to attend this occasion and actually very eager to meet and renew acquaintance with his classmates. Gary was talking to their school principal when he noticed a girl taking pictures. He excused himself and approached this girl who felt nervous when they met face to face. He started a conversation with this girl by introducing himself and asked if she also belongs to this class. Jody hesitated for a moment, was tongue-tied and could not believe that Gary was in front of her and seemingly did not recognize her. Was this a product of many years of not seeing each other or it was just a memory loss? Although stunned, Jody kept her composure, she responded that she also belongs to this class but did not introduce herself. She avoided further conversation and just walked away and went straight home teary-eyed.