Dull Colors

I didn't think I’d ever write another one of these, but guess what, I did, and here it is, this is the sequel for my other story, Colors of the Heart, and now, here's the second part which I didn't plan to write, When You Left, R&R.

From BOTH Narmak’s Spongebob Anime opening and Looer’s Spongebob Anime ending, Yeah, so what, here we go.

(Id written this before the second video, and I didn't feel like going back to change it, sooo, there.)

It's felt like decades since Id last seen this place, when everything was once filled with life, and not a single flame of chaos, the last time Id seen this place, flames licked the sides of the tall buildings, screams of terror, and the loud explosions filled the air around him, as he stood at the edge of it all, watching as his city fell to its knees, the citizens, begging for his help, but would receive none, they’d stand in wonder as they stood in line to be forced to submit, and if they should fail to do so, they’d be executed on spot.

Where was he when they most needed him, had he been killed in the fight to save them, and failed? Did he abandon them, left them to fend for themselves, to die as a slave? They wouldn't understand. Their begs for mercy echoed in the water around him as he stepped into the ruins of the city, filled with a lifeless grey color, the colors of death, it felt eerie, like something bad had happened here, the streets were cracked from weather and destruction, dead weeds sprouted out from the cracks in the pavements, he looked to the fading flower clouds, that were slowly blowing away like sand.

“I'm home.” he announced to the empty city, his voice bouncing off the tall grey buildings of broken glass, and scarred with the soot from the fires, rubble of the buildings littered the ground all over the place, turnt up boats laid in the streets, some crashed midway into stores, tears filled his eyes as he walked down the lifeless streets, only a few stray worms, and snails lived, they’d see him and run to the safety of a dark alleyway, or into the small openings of the empty buildings.

Memories of the day before filled his head, the beautiful laughter of the citizens filled the streets, busy with the everyday traffic, the sidewalks filled with passing fish, murmuring something to the person next to them.

Spongebob stopped dead on the sidewalk as he looked ahead of him, seeing the familiar face of his ex, Squidward, who looked at him with those beautiful red eyes he once loved, they were filled with love, and warmth, he was standing in front of a redish looking store, when he turned to look at him.

Squidward smiled at him, the sweetest smile he could muster, “Spongebob.” he called his name as he waved him over, Spongebob shook his head, wiping his nose, he was acting as if nothing had ever happened, five years ago, Spongebob looked around himself at the crowd of passing fish, maybe nothing had happened, maybe it was all just in his head.

Spongebob went to take a step but was held back as someone ran through him, it was a much younger version of himself, when he was happy, and the world was perfect, they didn't even think about what would eventually happen to the two of them. The two of them stood in front of the shop’s window, playing with their reflections as they pretended to be dressed in the fancy clothes.

I watched as the bright picture played in front of me, I could still remember that night, when we would window shop, the silly poses we made in the reflection, I could see my old self look up at him, with those big googly eyes. Squidward looked down at him, “What?” he asked, and he’d glanced to the passing couples who were hugging and kissing, “Oh.” he said, taking the hint, “I thought we were supposed to be keeping this a secret.”

Spongebob awed, dropping his head, and Squidward sighed, he hated seeing that face, and so he looked around, and waited until it was safe to lean down and give him a three second kiss before he pulled out, “Happy? Now stop making that face.” he blushed, “Well, I could use one more.” he said as he batted his eyes, and Squidward rolled his eyes, “You’re hopeless, come on, let's go home.” he said as he wrapped his hand around mine.