Chapter 1

The sound of a alarm woke him up. He glanced over at his alarm clock, 4:00 a.m it read. "Wait What? I didn't set for this early." Josh said to himself still drowsy. He pressed the snooze button but the noise did not stop. He sat up in his bed more and tried again with no luck. He looked around the room obviously it wasn't the alarm but what was it then? The door to his bedroom opened and his little brother,  Jake, entered. "Do you hear it too?" He asked. "Yeah, what do you think it is?" Josh said searching the room for possible answers. The door opened once more and this time their father entered. "Dad, what is that noise?" Jake said in tired voice. "My experiment is done. It is time boys!" He said in a excited voice. "Time for what?" Josh said suspiciously. "My creation is ready, come quick, you'll want to see this."

They know were walking down into the basement, their mom had joined them. The basement is the place where their father conducted his experiments so when they entered they were greeted by the sight of all sorts of strange devices. Their father lead them with a tube that read, "#01". "What is it?" Jake asked tiredness leaving him. "Perhaps my greatest creation of all time. If it works that is." Josh sighed,"So this thing might not work?" Eric sighed. "It's possible, but unlikely." Jake then eagerly yelled, "Well come on! Show us what it is!" Eric turned his attention to a computer and did something to it that Josh couldn't see. The tube began to make noises and opened. Smoke poured out of it and there were a few noises from within.

Josh and Jake stared with amazement as a boy who looked about Josh's age stepped forward. The boy looked at them taking in his surroundings and then settled it on Eric. " What is your name?" Eric said. The boy seemed to think before responding. "I identify as android number one." There mother, Mara Clapton, who had been completely silent up until now stared in shock and disbelief. "You made an android!" She said. "Correct." The boy said. "I am in fact a android." He said naturally.  "You are Eric Claptons family." He said. "How? How is it possible?" Mara said. "My internal structure is similar to that of a human skeleton, it consist of many electronic parts and a powerful energy core that powers me." Mara looked at Eric. "So all this time, this is what you've been up to." Eric nodded. "I am the first person to succeed in creating a android. Of course, I will keep it secret." Everyone looked at him. "Keep it secret? Why?" Josh asked in total disbelief at his father's words. Eric nodded. "This android is beyond a normal human made machine, if people learned how to make their own things god be catastrophic!"

"Androids running about, super human abilities, the terror they could unleash if one went rogue or built by a psycho." Jake then gave Eric a confused look. "Why build one then?" Eric smiled. "I wanted to create a being who could act as your friend and protector." Josh frowned. "That's nice and all, but how will he be able to go out into public? His abnormal behavior will surely cause suspicion." "Of course it will, that's why I have given him the ability to learn and change. To become his own person." Josh nodded and began to say something but stopped. "I think I know what you were thinking, don't worry we have a cover up story..."

"Alright let's here it." Josh said. His brother nodded in agreement. "We plan on telling everyone he is your friend from out of state. He was sent to live with us because his parrnts lost there jobs." "Why not try to pass him off as our cousin?" "Because I can't prove he is related to us, not to mention it would explain why we don't have any of his personal information like social security and stuff." "It works." Mara said at last. "Alright then," a smile formed on his face, "tommorow we take him to town and introduce him. It's Saturday so most people won't be busy." Josh and Jake then walked back upstairs. The Android stood where Eric had left him. "Tommorow will be busy." Josh said to himself and went back to bed.