Chapter 1 ~

Lewis' P.O.V

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wrung my hands nervously as I watched Simon clamber around the archives, what if he found the files? Those files mean certain death to anyone who reads them, they contain my biggest secret ever. Something so big that nobody could know about it, Simon knows a little about the subject of File One but I've protected him from finding anything on File Zero. File One is more safe, it's controlled and I know where the subject is. But File Zero is life threatening, it was an accident that I'm paying for, I don't know where the subject is and it certainly isn't controlled. Duncan rumaged through boxes not far to my left, if Duncan found the files, I knew he'd want to destroy the subjects. I couldn't let him, not Subject One. Subject One was safe and non-hostile, I didn't care if he destroyed Subject Zero. But that one was hard to find, even our best trackers hadn't found it. The second best trackers found it alright, they came back as mauled corpses with grinning skulls and bloody organs hanging from thier chests.

Simon appeared next to me, I gave him a small smile and Duncan wandered over.

"Finished?" I asked casually, resisting the urge to look over my shoulder into the shadows. I didn't even know if Subject Zero was here, if it was, why hadn't it killed us? I pushed those thoughts out of my head as we walked up the stairs towards the elevator platform.

Once we reached the platform, I pressed the button marked 'G' for ground level. We shot up, leaving the silent and cold archives behind, I sighed in relief as the heavy iron doors closed it from my view. I didn't want to take chances with Subject Zero running about, I didn't want to end up like those poor corpses. I smiled as we reached the ground level, glad that we were back into the clinical familiarity of YogLabs. Simon talked about stuff that we'd tested in YogLabs (only the sucessful experiments mind) with Duncan, who was geninually awestruck by the scientific establishment that we had produced without his help. I glanced towards the giant door of the Lab, just hoping that maybe Subject Zero was dead by now, just hoping that if it was alive, that it would keep away from us. With a final glance at the door, I jogged down the corridoor after Simon and Duncan, both of whom were blissfully unaware of the danger that I had created.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kay guys, this is my colab book with @TheGrudginator and I hope you enjoy this fanfiction!