Public Speaking/Presentation Tips + Slides Layout

Public Speaking
- Take a deep breath.
- Drink lots of water as it regulates your nerves and makes your voice smooth & clear. Water. Is. Good. For. You. Trust me.
- Subconsciously boost your confidence by standing up straight. Body language is really important.
- Don't lock your knees, dont put your hands in your pockets and try not to bounce on one leg. Allow yourself to be loose and free. Focus on what you need to say for the presentation.
- Use hand movements. It gets the audience more interested and helps you feel more open and welcoming.
- If you don't know where to look for eye contact, look in the back of the room or somebody's hair.
- Project your voice like your speaking to someone at the back of the room.
- Blow on your thumb to calm nerves
- Smile once a while. Radiate with positive energy with just a smile. It makes you look like you want to be there even if you don't want to.
- Stop telling yourself you're bad at presenting. Stop telling yourself you're never going to get anywhere and be bad at presenting forever. Stop being stuck in that fixed mindset. All you need is a little push and what to do and where to go. Public Speaking is a skill that you can learn. Start taking action and write down things you want to improve on. To achieve a goal you must have a clear plan. I don't care how long that list is, just keep in mind that you're doing it for you.
- Get lots of sleep. Sleep is so important when it comes to memory. When you don't get enough sleep, you risk your ability to retain information. It takes a big toll on how you remember information correctly. And well if you don't have time to sleep, learn time management.
- Fake it until you make it. Are you anxious? Nervous? Hey man think about all the others that probably feel the same. When the times is up and you're up there presenting, it can still be hard to push up some courage. Confidence is a hard thing to gain. Start by imagining yourself presenting to the audience. The more you visualize it, the more you're able to reflect that into reality. When you start faking your convince it can take your project from something small to something big. Make yourself believe and once you're done faking it, it'll become a part of you.

Slides Presentation
- Decide the layout. Once you've drawn what your slides look like, you both have a general idea and probably did 40% of your project. After applying your layout on slides, you can just slap information on there without having to do one slide by one slide.
- Look up color palettes. If you want to find ways to start off your theme with help of inspiration, look up to color palettes. You can search them up online or use an app. By having a color palette, it makes your slides look way more presentable and put together. My common color palettes are [red, black, white] [orange, blue] [cool tones] [warm tones] [muted tones/neutrals] [pastels].
- If you really want your slides to be looking snazzy, search up some graphic design videos. It will help you understand how color, fonts, shapes and lines go together in order for something to be visually appealing. I really recommend this one below for starters:

- Dress the part. Wear calming colors like blue. Our mind subconsciously respond to colors. Red makes us feel competitive and active while orange might be a more social color. Blue is a really effective color for presenting.
- Be prepared. If you have no idea what your doing or presenting, be prepared. The reason we get anxious isn't always because of our audience, it's because we feel insecure of our failures and how we think we'll perform in our presentation. The more you know what you're doing, the more confident you are. Rehearse it in your head if you have to. Even better, present it to someone multiple times until it seems to come natural to you. I know that one person isn't an audience, but once you've used to the memory of presenting your best, you'll be flawless when presenting because you already have a self assured visual of how you would present. Practice makes you prepared and being prepared will bring success. (And even if you aren't prepared, just pretend your prepared). Most of the time,there are no shortcuts.
- Focus on yourself when presenting. When you're so in-depth to presenting, you'll forget the audience even exists.
- Make yourself the role model. Make it so that people want to look up to you. Having that mindset motivates you to do better.
- Create a mindset of knowing you'll be able to get through this and it's not such a big deal. Don't be afraid of failure because it's what pulls you back and limits you to what you are able to achieve. Failure is just room for learning. Believe that you can do it. If you can imagine it, you can believe you can do it. So go out there and rock it.

Summary: The best slides presentation is when you know what you're talking about and your confident in providing the audience with information. The second best theming that goes into a slides presentation is the design. Something has to capture the eye.
So know and understand what you're talking about
Have a good layout