Tsunayoshi

.
.
.
"You're Sawada Tsunayoshi, but you're not," Reborn said curtly, his gun pointing straight to his forehead. Even with the training in his own world, he could never dodge one of his bullets, Tsuna knew darkly. The cursed sun's childish voice had taken a darker tone as he added, "What happened to Aria and Yuni?"

"They are alive and well," he said calmly, fighting back his internal turmoil.

He wasn't much older than he was in this world, he'd yet to grow out of his paranoid self, though he figured that side of him would never die out.

Reborn's wide, round eyes had accepted the answer, but his suspicion laid.

Of course, Tsuna thought bitterly. This was the World's Greatest Hitman. He could see through lies, miraculously understood insects, and his chameleon was a shapeshifter. What else was new? He lowered his gun, tipping his fedora. It was then and there Tsuna allowed a sigh of relief to escape. He was in his own room—so horridly and achingly familiar to his real one, wherever it was—yet he couldn't even relax.

He also knew the Sun Arcobaleno wouldn't dare shoot his own sky, no matter who it was.

"What happened to the Tsunayoshi of this world?" his brown eyes glinted a sorrow tinge of orange as he made eye contact to his former tutor.

"He... could not make it."
.
.
.
"Extreme Sawada! Join the boxing club to the extreme!"

"I can't, Onii-san, I'm in the volleyball club," Ienari offered, knowing all too well his senior hadn't even listened.

"You can manage both to the extreme!" Sasagawa pried further, his eyes burning with passion. Ienari managed a lopsided smile, unsure of how to answer. If Reborn wasn't around, he would've actually considered it, but that blasted tutor of his planned to end his life one day, and there were instances he missed his own club meetings. He was lucky enough the team was letting it slide, but the captain was at his peak.

Tsuna tapped him on the shoulder, gesturing for him to follow. "Sasagawa-san, I'm sorry, I need Ienari."

The boxer nodded, throwing an enthusiastic punch in the air. He turned back to his classmates, yelling another round of claims for students to join the boxing club.

Typical new school year, Ienari thought bitterly. He still wasn't able to hold a proper conversation with Kyoko.

"I owe you one, Tsuna," he said.

"What? Reborn wanted you."

Ah, curse his life. Ienari groaned, feeling his recovered sores returning to make him suffer more. Tsuna was still recovering from the shot he'd taken for him, most of the students refraining from his nickname and leaving him be. He knew everyone would eventually resort back to it once he was completely healed, but at least no one seemed to bother him about joining clubs and whatnot, lucky sneak.

Sometimes, Tsuna was a complete stranger.

No, he was the same Tsunayoshi he'd grown up with, his core traits still predominantly there, but after that incident, his meek demeanor seemed to have dispersed, a wall of sudden privacy forming around him. He was not the same Tsuna he had grown up with, but he was.

It was confusing him to the point he ignored the nagging thoughts in his head, screaming at how foreign the brother beside him was.

"What does Reborn want?" Ienari asked, already dreading it.

"Yamamoto and Gokudera-kun are there, too. Maybe it's something with that mafia game you're playing?"

However he and Yamamoto took it as a game still amazed Ienari to the point he just accepted it. There was no point in trying to convince the two it was a game. They seemed to understand it was a one-life only chance, and that was enough for him.

Gokudera was probably screaming his head off at Yamamoto, he thought with a frown.

"Oh," he said dumbly.

"Oh yeah, Reborn's gonna tell me how to play this game later," Tsuna said cheekily.

"Cool," he said idly, before he realized exactly what he meant. He stopped walking, staring at Tsuna's dumb grin and shrieked.
.
.
.
"Tsunayoshi-kun, it has to be you."

No matter how much of a fool Byakuran was, he was deadly serious. Tsuna knew not to take him lightly. The mischievous Gesso frowned, awaiting his answer.

"How long?" Tsuna asked weakly. Byakuran offered a smile, but it did not meet his eyes.

"Not too long, I promise."

He wasn't lying, but he couldn't actually guarantee it.

helllooooo it's been a longgg time!

I'm not too sure where I'm going with this, but it's definitely going to be a series of one shots loosely connected here.
this chapter here is just the setup :)