Near x Mello

For its_fun_to_cosplay

~Near's POV~

He's smart. That's why he's here at Wammy's house of course. But he's an idiot, that's why I'm cold towards him. I don't want to be involved with idiots. Or thats what I used to think.
Yes. He's an idiot. But he's a beautiful idiot, From his eyes that were blue with flecks of gold like lapis to his hair  that shines in the summer sun.

Yes. He's an idiot. But I want him to be my idiot.

Unfortunately, that will never happen because he's leaving tomorrow to go and join the mafia like the idiot that he is.

-time skip to luch time brought to you by sandwiches-

As I sat down to eat my lunch in the cafeteria I noticed Mello sitting down a few tables across from me on his own. I was going to miss him when he left.

-more time skips brought to you by the fact that I hate writing anything that isn't dialogue-

I had been in my room reading for about fifteen minutes before Mellon came storming into my room.

"Okay what was that all about?" He asked, sounding slightly irritated.

"What was what all about?"

"All of that staring in the luch hall."

"I wasn't staring."

"Okay. Then answer me this. Why can't you look me in the eye now?"

I stayed silent.

"Near. Look at me." He said quietly.

I looked up for a few seconds and then before I realised what was happening, Mello's lips were pressed against mine and his hands were pulling me closer to him.

"Why did you do that?" I gasped when he finally pulled away.

"You were staring at my lips. You do that a lot you know."

Sorry that it took so long and sorry that it's really short but I hope you like it.