Escape

"Ah Ha!" Demencia pushed aside the chair, "Found you! You owe me a..." She paused and looked around "Yeesh what do we have?"
The girl hugged a rather large plushie of a horned lizard. "Hmm, you could make me some of that really good soup!"
The plushie remained silent.
"What? Cooking not your thing? Come on Stuffs there's gotta be something"
Before the one-sided conversation could go on any further, a wooden door at the end of the tower opened, and in walked several scientists. Demencia hugged her plushie tighter, curling in on herself as if she could create a shield. She hated it when those people came in. They tugged at her hair, desperately trying to take pieces of it, despite discovering it's invulnerability long ago. They ordered her to sing, wrapping the long strands around wounds. Even a few corpses to see just what and how well she could heal. One would always take out a needle, drawing blood from her. Another would take out a syringe, injecting her with something. She shuddered, the process was painful, but was nothing compared to when they brought her to the lower levels of the tower.
The experiments the performed on her down there were rather gory.
Demencia was unconscious by the time they were done with her, dragging her seemingly lifeless body up the stairs without care. She was thrown across the floor, leaving the girl to herself.
It was hours before she awoke. Her head ached and her whole body was sore. And she swore she could hear ringing coming from somewhere.
Her plushie lay on the other side of the tower.
"Stuffy!" She grabbed the thing, hugging it close as she cried.
"I hate it when they keep doing that Stuffs..I hate it.."
The object, as usual, gave no reply, but it didn't deter Demencia. She was used to never getting an answer.

"If my hair can heal things, why don't I just use it to help people?"
She asked that question long ago, and it was the only time someone had ever responded.

"You are helping" Dr. Flug put the bag back on his head. "By staying here"

Eighteen years had passed, and by now Demencia wasn't sure if she wanted to keep 'helping' people. She trembled, rubbing her recklessly bandaged arm. Blood seeped through the fabric.
"I need to get away from them Stuffs....I need to get out of here"
__________________________________________________

"GET BACK HERE!!" The guards shouted and screamed, chasing after a quick figure in the woods.

Black Hat's clothes were covered in blood, cackling as he slithered into the shadows. His pursuers slowed down, looking around with caution. A large grin spread across his face. He could easily open a portal and transport away from them. Use his speed to rush away, perhaps even grow some devil wings and fly up away from those blasted guards. All of which were the easy ways out.
But this was much more fun.
"I'm right here~" he purred, manifesting a perfect copy of himself next to a gorge.
The rather dense guards fell for the trick, going after the illusion. They slipped and fell, shadows grabbing them for a moment.

"P-please!" They begged, trembling "Pull us back up!!"

Black Hat raised a brow "Hmm.." he loosened the shadow's grip, letting them slip for a moment. Screams ripped free from their throats. "Heh. Music to my ears" The demon began to swing them back and forth, many growing dizzy. Others clung to each other so tight they began to draw blood. "You really weren't cut out for this sort of job". He spoke, deathly calm "Honestly at most you're cheap entertainment..I want a challenge and I'm not finding it here"
He let them fall.

Something large and blue suddenly tackled him, letting out 'roos' and grunts of worry.
"Oh for fucks sake" He kicked 5.0.5 off him and dusted his clothes off.
"Blasted bear.."
5.0.5 shakily stood back up, and mustering all his might, let out a small growl.
Black Hat responded with roar that shook the very earth.
The bear whimpered, backing up.
"I want you to run back to your pathetic little kingdom and don't dare bother me with your sight again"
5.0.5 obliged, quickly running on all fours as fast as his little legs could take him.