Who?

A/N I don't own the Percy Jackson characters. All the interesting personalities that I love go to Rick. This chapter is going to be long, so comment if you like it or you would refer a shorter chapter next. I'll write another one if I can get 4 views and a vote. Please comment and vote for more stories. (JK, it'll probably just be 1 view from my friends. Thanks for the support!)

Enjoy my first story!

"Hey." A quiet voice says behind me. 

I turn, confused to see no one in the darkness behind me. 

"You know me." The voice continues, seeming to come from everywhere and no where at the same time.

I spin in circles, the darkness enveloping me as I spend more time here. I can feel my sanity slipping away from me as I think more and more, so I stop.

"Now find me."  It whispers, threatening things that I don't understand, and the scene changes, contorting to the point I begin to fall, the invisible ground falling up to meet me, making me land, hard, on a grassy part of the park. The trees are in perfect rows, the blooming purple flowers all looking exactly the same. The dark evergreen bushes threaten pain with every step. The weeds tangling my feet and rooting me to the ground, making it almost impossible for me to take a step even if I wanted to, not that I ever had the chance. Not that I'd ever wanted the chance to do more than leave.

Taking the bait like I always did, I tried to look around the bowl of trees and bushes to find the shadow chasing me. I saw movement out of the corner of my eye, and turned, pretending I didn't see the dark reflection in the dwindling moonlight right behind my left shoulder.

I whirled at the sound of breathing behind me, feeling the pain enter into my chest, right below my collarbone, almost causing me to loose my grip and scream from the intensity of the pain, but just managed to stop myself as I thought of what would happen when I did. 

Don't scream. Don't make any sudden movements. Don't do more than you ever did. And don't ever fall. Make it through one more death.

I repeated these words in my head until the pain subsided to a point that I could handle. I blinked the tears out of my eyes, ensuring that I didn't make a single sound. 

I slowly ran a hand through my attacker, watching as they dissipated, leaving me with only another thousand new pains to conquer, so many different ways to kill me, or at least try to, that I doubted it ended, each more painful than the last.

I re-centered myself, making sure that the next one wouldn't knock me over as I braced my knees and prepared for the raging winds.

I almost started to laugh at the thought of how hard this had once been, but now it barely lifted my hands, pulling at my eyelashes, trying to sweep me off my feet as the shadows moved with more urgency. 

After about a minute the storm stopped, leaving me to tense slightly,  waiting. 

I heard a rustle and drop, hands on my knees to keep them from touching the weeds as a shadow tackled the air above me. 

I instantly shot up, pulling the weeds with me as a hand swiped under me, cutting the weeds below me and allowing me to take my next step.

 I landed almost five feet away from my start and I landed hard on my feet, my upper body crumpling forward slightly with the impact as I braced my forearms on my knees. I made sure to spread my legs a little more than normal, and started to count.

1. 2. 3. 4.  I had started shifting my weight to my left foot as I continued counting.  6. 7. 8. 9. And threw my weight to the right, feeling my hip bone connect with a jaw, feeling teeth sink into my flesh. But as I threw my weight back to re-stable myself, I could feel the teeth dislodge, taking small curls of my skin with it.