Life Lessons - Conan Gray

1) Not Everything is Black & White. Most Things are Gray.
It isn't all or nothing, it isn't this or that. Life is made up of grays, in between, unfinished & unknowns. You have to accept that, embrace that; then, you can move forward.

2) Worrying Hasn't Gotten you Anywhere. Do something about it or move on.
You wasted too much time worrying about the future. You wasted too much time worrying about what ifs. These things don't matter so live in the present. Handle the present, the future is meant for the future.

3) You Cannot Control Everything
I know you like to feel in control of every aspect in your life, because once, you felt like you couldn't control everything. But that was in the past. Some things are up to other people and other chances. You cannot force anything to happen. Things come and go, the earth spins without your control. Learn to let it go for there will be other things worth your time

4) You are not God. You are Fragile, Weak, Sensitive & Prone to Crumble. But that's ok.
Stop lying to yourself and acting like you can do a million things at once. Stop acting like you are never tired. Take a break, it's ok.

5) Not Everybody Wants to be a Pop-star
People have different dreams, different definitions of success. You have to respect that, support that and learn from their perspective. Some people want to settle down, have kids, work in cubicles and come home to a dancing family. Have your dreams, pursue them till your bones ache and your voice creaks, but respect there's others as well.

6) Be Kind to Everyone whenever you can
When you're having a sh*tty day you would want the same

7) Nobody is out there to get you.
Stop being so dang defensive. You are safe. You are loved. You have a worth that up you can see. Remember that most people only want to help you on this very strenuous journey.

8) Sometimes you have to be selfish
Do things for yourself. You're not always here to live for other people's lives. Take care of yourself.

9) You're Dumb as Heck!
There is still so much you are learning, so much you still don't know and so many things you don't understand. The important thing is to just keep learning.

10) Don't Let Your Past Depict Your Future
Learn from your past hardships instead of letting them hold you back. The past was there for a reason.

11) Go to More Places
There is nothing better than traveling to remind you just how big the world is and how small you are. You are engulfed in a world of both beauty and madness. In which nature is both of those. So allow yourself to be free and travel when you're living your life.

12) You Need People
You don't like being too alone. Have someone there with you. Or maybe a close friend to keep you together.

13) Do Everything With a Full Heart
Giving every task your best effort pays off. Knowing you have your all, you don't have to be guilty of not putting all your effort forward. You know you gave it your all and that's the truth.

14) Welcome Change With Open Arms
Learn to embrace something you will meet so often in your life. Change is one of the many things we learn from, so accept it. Don't be afraid of the thing that has kept us growing.

15) Do Not Be Afraid to Fall Madly in Love
If you break your heart, it can be mended. If you discover a new beautiful soul, you'll be grateful you didn't have to be so cautious anymore

16) Learn to Forgive the Ones Who Hurt You.
Holding grudges prove nothing. All it's ever done is kept us from moving on to things that are better that that. Forgive and learn to move forward.

17) Take a step Back every once a while.
Observe your life from the outside. Just like painting, you lose sight of what is important when you're so caught up in the intricacies. When you observe your life as an outsider, you will realize just how blessed you are to have made it. Tell those who helped you that you love them. Laugh at how unlikely and silly your life has been. Then step back into your life with the knowledge of just how much you have left to live.

Note: Remember everyone is different and only you can decide if you want to apply these in your life.