Chapter 1. The Little Slave

Darth Vader's view on slaves had grown neutral after nearly nineteen years of service to the Empire, which enslaved many species such as Wookiees and the famous Twi'lek. However Vader was more than disgusted when Darth Sidious told him to go to Tatooine and secure new business and trade with Jabba the Hutt, ruler of the miserable ball of filth.

Vader almost suspected his master gave him this mission simply to torture the Sith Apprentice. To be near that slug and not get to slit his oversized throat. Oh Vader would have liked nothing more.

The Lambda-class T-4s came out of lightspeed, Tatooine appearing in the main view port as Vader's pilot and co-pilot maneuvered down and descended smoothly towards the surface, though Vader knew he could've flown the shuttle quicker, but having pilots was handy, and they were doing a decent job, so he said nothing and remained as patient as possible.

And then finally, the palace loomed infront of them as they landed by the main entrance. Jabba and his court were already waiting along with some Gamorian guards and a few slaves tending the vile slug.

Vader walked smoothly towards the ramp. Leaving his pilots in the shuttle. Usually Vader would have been forced to bring guards too, but with a simple hand gesture the guards who had come along sat back in their seats obediently.

Once descending the ramp, Vader moved along the next few yards to the disgusting welcome party.

Jabba laughed and began to speak in booming huttese.
"Welcome my Lord Vader, I hope you enjoy your stay." Said the slug as Vader came forward.

"You may dispense with any and all pleasantries Jabba. I am here to speak of the trade routes and new payments." Vader replied harshly, not taking any of it today.

Jabba boomed another laugh and nodded, waving his hand at his court to start going back to his throne room. "Let us go inside, this is no place to speak of business." Jabba said with the same tone of voice, not phased by Vader's abruptness.

Vader did not respond. But followed Jabba and the court back inside were another band of slaves were waiting with food and drink. The damaged Sith Lord grimaced at the disrespect. Jabba knew he couldn't eat. Sleemo.

Jabba climbed up onto his raise dais before looking to the slaves. "Boy, come here." He beckoned sharply, spurring a young boy dressed in thin white clothes forward. His blonde head was bowed in meek submission, as he came to his master, a platter of drinks on it as Jabba chose one before gesturing to an empty handed slave, who quickly did as she was told and came to the boy, taking his burden while the boy kept his head low.

Vader resisted the urge to tilt his head at the child. He looked the age of fifteen, yet the Force around him stated he was more likely nineteen. Nineteen... that's how old his child would have been now...

Vader snapped out of that train of thought, not liking it at all as he turned his attention to Jabba, who was speaking again.

"The Emperor believes you will be here quite a while, yes?" Jabba asked pleasantly.

Vader again grimaced, happy that the mask hid his facial expressions. "This is true." He replied shortly.

Jabba nodded and a pale pink Twi'lek who stood nearby, Bib Fortuna, pushed the boy towards Vader. The boy barely resisted, then again who would willingly approach that black mass of pure evil?

"This slave will make a fine temporary servant during your stay." Jabba said with a wide grin.

Vader wanted so badly to mentally lash out at his master. No doubt Sidious set this up, having Jabba give him a personal slave for his near one month stay. Anger boiled up, but simmered quickly. Now was not the time. So Vader only nodded in thanks.

* * *

The boy walked just ahead of Vader, head slightly raised as he led the Sith to his guest quarters. Apparently the boy had been prepping to serve Vader for some time now as he finally came upon the correct door and unlocked it with a key given to him. The boy opened the door before turning to Vader and hesitantly reaching his hand up to the Sith, head still bowed as he offered the key to Vader.

Vader took it, but his eyes had not yet left the top of the boy's bowed head. It was bleached by the Tatooine suns to a pleasing, light blonde gold, and although Vader hadn't even gotten to get a good look at the slave's face yet, he knew that the face was tanned as all humans native to Tatooine were.

The boy stood there, stock still, waiting to be dismissed. It disgusted Vader that slaves were taught to be so submissive and dependent. "You may go about your work."

The boy gave the smallest nod before leaving quickly, his head never raised to show a face Vader might have recognized from the past.

Author's Note.
I got this idea at random, and now it's my new project since writers block is being a real pain to me everywhere else. Anywho, if you enjoy it I may continue this story, so comment and maybe vote if you enjoyed, and may the Force be with you.