Sketching/Drawing

- When it comes to increasing your creativity, let yourself some time to go over your thoughts and associate things with real life encounters. Try drawing something based off what you meet in the real world. It's one source of inspiration if you ever get stuck. Go ahead and create metaphors with those things. Write out prompts that you can draw, Whether it's flowers coming out of a faucet or galaxies coming out from your hands, you can take anything and create another concept out of it from encounters of life and movies, etc and drawing is just your representation of it. After all you make your art like poetry if you really wanted to.

- Music is another great way of finding something to draw. Some lyrics might stick out to you and you can draw about things relating to those lyrics. Sometimes the actual song might remind you of some colors and feelings that you want to draw out. Its a great source of inspiration.

- The first thing I do when staring at my sketchbook is; what am I going to fill up on this pristine white page. It can be a hard time deciding what the heck to draw. So start out by just putting some colors on there. Colors are a great way to visually lure you in and pumps your imagination. What I like to do is start by picking out a color palette to throw on the page. (There are some apps out there that can show color palettes just by taking one picture so those are pretty useful.) Then I just draw over it with some pen and ink.

- Drawing and Writing goes hand in hand. If you love poetry or just generally writing and have a of ton of ideas, this method is for you. This made me really inspired from my English class in 8th grade where we would write about something and extract ideas, words and topics to write even more things. If I wrote about stars, other things connect to what I wrote about stars like planets, moons, aliens, shapes, outer space and anything connect to that in any way. And from aliens I can talk about eyes, body language, environments and etc. Really you can expand from anywhere and anything!

- Go ahead and draw what sticks out to you. What is something that you what to practice. Is it nature and cactus you want to draw? Perhaps something like human bodies or faces? Or maybe something like smoothies and flowers. Draw and go have fun! Because if you're not having fun then why are you drawing?

- If you have no idea what to draw, draw a circle and expand from there. You'd be surprised how many things you can do with drawing a circle

- Sketchbooks aren't meant to be perfect so go ahead and don't be afraid to experiment. Add photos, quotes or songs that inspire you. Draw things that you like. Practice with things you want to work on. Take notes and do all that fun stuff. Take inspiration from nature and the universe, from weird animals, from things you saw in school, or things you find aesthetically pleasing. It's your world where you can literally do anything. Go ahead and personalize it and put all that jazz there.
Personal Method: Listen to documentaries while drawing and bath bombs for inspiration

-If you're looking for more inspiration, look at some music videos and print out which frames you like. It's a nice boost of creativity

Tip: Never ever trace people's art. If someone already did it, there no point for you to do it again and besides that is a horrible lack of practice and super unauthentic. You can use references but please never TRACE a piece of art. Its so disrespectful to the person who drew it. But hey, try to create your own piece of art and use references if you need ideas. Just don't duplicate an art piece. Please.