second chances

"I don't get mad. I get distant, and once I do, do you really think I'll come running back to you?"

Role
The Devil

Full Name
Eden Lucia Casella

Nickname
Ede, but she really hates that.

Age
Fifteen

Gender
Female

Sexuality
Bisexual

Personality
Eden is very much on the quiet side, acting detached and aloof towards the other Major Arcana. She's certainly not very friendly, but usually remains civil at the very least, unless someone does something to irritate her, in which case she'll just get even more quiet and probably say something spiteful towards them, as she hardly ever seems to get truly angry. But despite her cold nature, she doesn't really hate the others- she actually cares for them but doesn't know how to show it, having been so lonely for so long, and hates to see them upset. They're all in this war together, after all.

However, she does have a darker side. To her belongings and those she truly cares for, Eden can be extremely possessive, controlling, overprotective and jealous thanks to her deep insecurity, which has driven friends away in the past. This is because she fears that the few she comes to trust will abandon her for others, and that she'll never be good enough for anyone. Eden's whole life, she's felt trapped and controlled, living her life according to others' wishes, but is too afraid and unsure to break free and take her destiny into her own hands. At the same time, she hates being ordered around and wishes she had all the power, only she's a pretty awful leader- focusing far too much on the few details and forgetting the big picture, as well as being envious and pessimistic. While she's not selfish on purpose, Eden often focuses on her own desires and leaves other people as an afterthought.

Eden can be especially spiteful towards those she feels have wronged her- usually this is more towards the people keeping them in Haven than the others, but not always. And when that happens, she's not above using her powers to torment someone or take revenge. Ambitious, competitive, driven, and hardworking, but also single-minded, materialistic, and not above manipulation to get what she wants.

Face Claim
Darya Dogusheva

InterestsEden's main interest is animals, big or small, exotic or ordinary

Interests
Eden's main interest is animals, big or small, exotic or ordinary. She absolutely loves them, and prefers them to humans in most cases. Watching theatre, walking outdoors, and chess are some of her other interests. She's actually pretty good at the violin, having learned since she was little, but holds little interest in playing it. Eden usually has a few other interests apart from those listed, tending to become obsessed with new hobbies often and then ditching them a week or two later.

Dislikes
-Being underestimated 
-Her cousin, occasionally
-Sharing
-Reading
-Vegetables
-Plain things in general
-Being second best
-Having nothing to do

Strengths
Physically, she's got quick reaction times and can run fast. Mentally, she's very cunning, perceptive, and intelligent.

Weaknesses
Quite weak, and fragile, as well as being very short. Mentally, she's secretly very insecure, and has quite a few irrational fears that she's too proud to admit. She's afraid to show any sign of weakness in the first place, though she doesn't do a very good job of hiding it- and it makes her too proud to ask for help that she needs.

Fears
She's terrified of needles, to the point that just the thought of them makes her feel a little ill. Eden's also very scared of insects, spiders, fire, heights, deep water, and being betrayed- not that she'll ever admit any of that, even when she's shivering near a little bug.

Weapon
If she has to fight, Eden uses a whip or a spear.

Backstory
From the outside, Eden looks to have had quite a nice, privileged life. A big house, a good education at home, a pair of extremely successful and rich parents, and a perhaps even more successful older brother. And to be fair, it wasn't actually that bad- she supposes she has far less to complain about than some people in Haven. But the bad thing was her well-meaning parents being so controlling and overprotective, never letting Eden decide a thing for herself. Her hobbies, her 'friends', every moment of her schedule was picked out for her from an early age, and any waking moment not spent on that was to be dedicated to studying a wide array of topics to meet their high expectations. And while she excelled compared to most others her age, Eden was often left as second-best to her more naturally talented brother, despite always putting in more effort. As Eden got older, she grew to hate the lack of control, feeling like a doll rather than a human being, but felt there was nothing she could do.

Eventually, Eden's parents realised she was one of the Major Arcana. Filled with fear and disgust, but unwilling to turn her in to the government, they kicked her out, after which she found a secret sanctuary to hide in. It didn't work out because the government found her, but hey, they tried.

Other
<3