My Life Lessons

- Life is about perspective. Change the way you see your life and you will change. Don't be people's expectation on what they think your life is. They aren't living in your shoes so why let their perspective affect your truth? You have your own perspective on life.

- You attract what you are. You will also become who you hang out with.

- The world isn't going to come hurdling through with happiness. You have to choose to be happy.
Cope with situations using a little optimism and even if something bad happens, happiness was the choice you chose...to achieve happiness in the end. Accept that the world isn't always beautiful.

- Live in the present. Be in the moment. Life didn't bring you here to let you constantly think about your future. Because someday, that future will be the present again. And the past is left there for a reason. Whether it was something we regretted or something bad, were here in the present to do better and learn from those mistakes.

- Be happy with what you have. When you keep yearning for more, you'll never be satisfied.

- Keep going and when in doubt, take the next small step. You have a lot to live for even if it's hard to imagine seeing you there. So take the next step and let yourself believe

- When something bad happens like the wave of overwhelming regret, think to yourself and ask if it will matter in the next 5-10 years.

- Learn to let go. Let go of the grudges and all the things that pulled you back. Some things just weren't meant to stay.

People will always leave you, betray you and use you. Not always but there's a chance you could meet people like that. Expect little of the world. Set low exceptions for people around you. People come and go but you're here to stay with you. Don't forget about you. Don't let ones you have called friends take advantage of you. You're important too.

- You're someone better than you were a year ago. The past sucks and I know it can so easy to look back and cry again in those bathroom stalls. But you're strong. Once you've seen the clear picture, you will know that things like shouldn't take over you. That you have traits that you love. You have things that you love about yourself and people that genuinely care and think about you. Understand that some things are meant to let go and that the past stays in the past. Forget about things that have haunted you but learn from the days you tripped and fell. You've found a way around that so you can do it again. Live here in the present where there's more to life than living in the past.

- Take risks and go places. You're so young and free to so many opportunities. Don't be afraid to make mistakes that won't affect your future. Don't be afraid to try of new things. Don't be afraid of change and all the things you're scared to leave behind. Embrace it and accept it because you will encounter it in so many parts of your lives. Take some risks and do some things. Go out and do some stuff. You're more than just a suffering depressed mess who lives in this dull life you've created for yourself.

- It's ok to love deeply. When you know you've given your all to someone, you don't have to have the fear and regret of it being your fault you never gave your all. Because you know the truth and that's what matters. What matters is that you knew you did the best you can in offering love. And in the end, you know it wasn't your fault. Losing someone doesn't mean you have to lose a part of yourself. It just means you've learned to love the real ones that will return and always stick by you. And you may have even discovered a part of yourself in the process. Because now you have a new understanding of who you are. You're better now.