𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

CHAPTER THREE | BAD MOON RISING

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

STEFAN SWORE TO CAROLINE THAT HE WOULD HELP HER THROUGH HER TRANSITION. He wasn't the type of guy to just bail on someone, especially something as big as becoming a vampire. Klara vowed to help, too. Of course, she knew nothing about being a vampire but she was Caroline's closest like to her humanity and Stefan agreed that it would be a good idea that she be there to support Caroline.

Their first step was getting the newly-turned Forbes girl a daylight ring, but Bonnie was reluctant to help. She didn't want to give Caroline the means to kill another innocent person, but Stefan promised Bonnie that he would help her though it, and Bonnie agreed to assist.

Caroline stared down at the ring that Bonnie was about to spell to protect her from the daylight. It was fair to say that Caroline showed a significant amount of disdain toward the ring. "So, I don't get to choose the ring I have to wear for the rest of my life?"

"Hey, if you don't want it—" Bonnie trailed off with slight attitude dripping from her words.

"No, no. She— she wants it." Stefan confirmed.

Caroline let a small sigh escape her lips. "Now what?"

"Now's the part where I explain the rules." Bonnie took a deep breath and narrowed her eyes with a serious look on her face. "The witch who spells the ring has the power to de-spell it. So if you ever do anything to hurt anyone—"

"—I'm not gonna hurt anyone." 

"You're a vampire." Bonnie pressed. Klara turned to her life and saw the pointed look on Stefan's face. "That means the urge to kill is a part of who you are. The minute you let it take over, I will stop you."

Caroline's face softened as she tried to make eye contact with Bonnie. "Bonnie, you're supposed to be my friend."

"I can't ignore what happened, okay? If you want to be friends, you have to prove that the Caroline I remember isn't gone. Now, put the ring on the bed."

"Bonnie." Klara watched Caroline toss the ring back onto the middle of the bed. "She didn't know what was happening to her. The guy at the carnival—" 

"—It still happened, Klara. He's still dead." Bonnie deadpanned. She headed over to Caroline's curtains and opened it just enough to that the sunlight would shine on the ring situated in the middle of the bed. "All done."

Caroline gasped slightly at the lack of witchy-ness. "So that its? I mean, nothing witchy happened. You know, no flickering lights, no gust of wind. Have you even done this before?" And just like that, Stefan and Klara chuckled at the sight of the old Caroline.