Birthday Party Madness

“Psst!”

“Psssssst!”

“PSSSS-” “-What?!”
Brody glared at Clementine.”Don’t get sassy, you’re the one that didn’t answer me!” She whisper yelled, causing Clementine to look back at her once more. “I didn’t answer you because Im trying to actually learn something.” She huffed, turning back to the board and continuing to write down the slide of notes. With a poke on her back, Clem turned around again. “What, Brody?!” She whisper yelled, catching the teachers attention. “Clementine!” The teacher called, causing the brunette to snap her head back with a small sigh. “Yes, Mr.White…?” She asked slowly. The dark skinned man raised an eyebrow, pointing at her. “Unless you’re talking about class topics, which I have a feeling you aren’t, please save the conversation for before or after class, alright?” “Yes, Mr.White.” She repeated, glaring at Brody behind her, lucky that she hadn’t gotten in any serious trouble. That was why Mr.White was one of her favorite teachers; despite the scar on his cheek and scary looking ear, he was a pretty down to earth guy. He even sometimes let them refer to him as his first name,”Mike”, but it just didn’t feel right to Clem.

After class, Brody quickly packed up her things and stood at Clementine’s desk, waiting for her to finishing putting away her own books. “Clem!” She started, once more grabbing the envelope and poking the other girl with it. The burnette raised an eyebrow, looking up at her. “Yes, Brody?” She grumbled, swinging her backpack around as the two made their way to the cafeteria. Glancing down to the envelope, she took it, opening it at Brody’s gesture. Her lips curved into a small smile, a snicker forming. “A birthday invitation? Really? Why didn’t you just text me?” Brody shook her head. “Texting isn’t fun. Paper invitations are way cooler.” She assured. Clem scanned her eyes over the paper, her eyebrow raising. “Tonight? Why tonight? You know Lee has the car on Fridays-” “-Exactly.” Brody interrupted her. “I figure you can be dropped off early, and you won’t be driving yourself so we won’t have to worry about you crashing another car. Again.” She chuckled, causing Clem to roll her eyes. “That’s only happened three times-” “-and you got your license last year. That’s more than some people ever crash in a lifetime.” She chuckled, causing the other girl to roll her eyes and shake her head.

As they began to approach their designated group table at lunch, Brody stopped her. “One more thing,” she started, looking Clementine in the eyes as she spoke. “Do you think you can convince Violet to come…?” She asked her, causing a red tint to spread across the other girls cheeks. “What makes you think-” “-C’mon, Clem. We both know she goes anywhere you go.” Brody sighed, her eyebrows furrowing. “What makes you think she wasn’t going to come in the first place…? Did you give her an invitation…?” Clem asked, watching as Brody’s face fell. “I did, but she walked off and threw it away right after. I think she’s still mad at me...Please Clem? It won’t be the same without her.” Brody pleaded, causing her to sigh. “Alright, I’ll ask her…” She grumbled, watching as Brody’s face lit up. “Thank you!” She said eagerly, engulfing the smaller brunette into a hug. Clementine smiled, patting her on the back. “Don’t mention it.”

As the group sat at the table, Clementine glanced over to Violet as she stared off. “Vi,” Clem whispered catching the blonde’s attention. “Whats up?” She asked. Clem glanced around to make sure the rest of the group wasn’t paying attention, before answering: “Are you coming to Brody’s birthday party?” Violet rolled her eyes, scoffing. “C’mon, Vi! It’ll be fun, and she really wants you to come…” Clem trailed off, watching as the blonde glanced up at her out of the corner of her eye. “Did she tell you that…?” She muttered, huffing and turning her head. “She did. C’mon, Vi. I’d feel a little awkward if you didn’t come” She teased, though somewhat telling the truth. Violet’s head quickly snapped to meet Clementine’s eyes, a look of somewhat hope in her own. “You’re going…?” She asked, watching as the brunette nodded. Violet stubbornly turned her head again, sighing and rolling her eyes. “I- Fine. Whatever.” “Yes!” Clem cheered, hugging the blonde, causing a red tint to spread across her cheeks.