Our Story (A Chris Evans Love Story)

CHAPTER ONE

There are some days when you feel like so much has happen in so little of time that you feel the need to take a nap. It is overwhelming and you can’t help but feel like you could explode at any moment at any place in time. That’s how I felt when my boyfriend of three years dumped me at my best friend’s birthday party. What a fucking douche. But eventually as time went on, all that shit seemed to dissipate, and I felt like I could breathe. It took me about a month to get over that asshole but I’m fine now. And as of this moment…I need a fucking drink.

So that is where my friends and I ended up…getting fucking wasted at our local bar. Usually we would come here for a drink to take the pressure off from all the shit in the world. I am currently nursing on my second Bloody Mary and already I’m feeling slightly buzzed.

The bartender sat down a Vodka Martini in front of me and I looked at him as if he were drinking on the job “Excuse me, I didn’t order this.”

The bartender smiled and pointed to the group of men sitting on the bar stools in the corner “It’s from those guys over there.” My friends giggled as the free drinks were set in from of them.

Gina smiled and waved to the boys “We should go over there,” I looked at her like she grew fifteen eyes and three extra arms “Oh come on Kat! Lighten up and live a little!”

“What if they want date rape our sorry asses?! They look suspicious!”

Gina rolled her eyes and sauntered over to the group of guys with a sly smile. The rest of us trailed behind her.

“Hello there gentlemen, thank you for the drinks.” Gina said as she raised her glass at them.

“No problem. We saw you guys over there and thought ‘why not?’” one of guys had on a baseball hat and smiled at me, inviting me to sit next to him. I cautiously did so and he chuckled.

“I’m not going to hurt you if that’s what you’re thinking.” I smiled and blushed. That was what I was thinking.

The guy in the baseball hat held out his hand “Chris.”

“Kat,” I replied returning his hand shake. I couldn’t help but notice two things. One: he had the most gorgeous and hypnotizing blue eyes and two: his smile was breath taking. Did I just say breath taking? What the hell is wrong with me?

“Nice to meet you Kat, is that short for something?”

I smiled “its short for Katrina.”

“Katrina is a very beautiful name for a beautiful woman.” He said.

“Thank you Chris,” I said.

As the night progressed, my friends thought they were being super funny and ditch me and go off with Chris’ friends. Chris and I were officially alone…together. I don’t know how I feel about this. Part of me is still aware that he is a stranger…but the other part of me wants to be alone with him.

The bar started drawing in more people and I felt like I couldn’t breathe. I guessed I showed it because Chris put a hand on my arms “You wanna get out of here?”

“Yeah, it’s just getting hard to breathe.” I said.

We ended up walking towards the pier and talked about random things.

“So Kat, tell me about yourself.”

I giggled-which by the way, I NEVER do-and walked a little closer to him.

“Well, what do you want to know?”

“I don’t know…anything. Age, where you’re from, interests?”

“Oh okay. I’m thirty-one years old and I’m from Virginia. I love music and movie trivia and hope to write novels one day.”

“Wow that sounds amazing. You love movie and music trivia?”

“Yeah,” I said “When I was little, my dad would play his music and I would guess the song and artist. Most of the time I got it right and most of the music he would play, I would listen to. That’s where most of the music I listen to comes from.” I laughed at myself for how dorky I sounded “You must think that’s stupid.”

“Actually I think that’s awesome. Your dad sounds like a cool guy.”

I laughed “My dad is a dork. I guess you could call me a ‘Daddy’s Girl’ because we do a lot together.”

“Really, like what?”

I stopped and turned to him “Promise not to laugh?”

“I’ll try my best.” God! That- stupid-yet-really-gorgeous smile. Kat! Stop it! Snap out of it!

“When my dad was younger he was a huge fan of Marvel Comics. So we have these huge discussions on them. And when a Marvel movie is released, we go see it together. Then after we critic and compare it to the actual comics. I don’t know why I love it but I just do.”

“Do you have a favorite?”

“Comic series: The Avengers, Movie: The Avengers, Superhero: Iron Man and Captain America.” I stopped and I realized what I was saying.

Chris stopped and looked at me “What’s wrong?”

I tried looking everywhere but his face “Um, uh, well I just realized how embarrassing I sound.” I laughed awkwardly. Why was I doing this?

He laughed and took my hand in his and I felt flushed all over. Oh no. This is so fucked up! Do I have feelings for Chris? I just fucking met him for fucks sake!

“I find it hot actually.”

“Really?”

Is he fucking with me?

“Yeah I do.”

I cleared my throat “Now it’s my turn to ask questions. Same questions you asked me still apply.”

And so he did. Some of it I wasn’t prepared for.

“I’m from Boston but moved out here to become an actor.” He paused and looked at me. Was I supposed to know all that already? “I’ve actually been in a few movies. Anyway I’m also thirty-one years old and my last name is Evans.”

Chris took off his hat and I stood there still confused “Kat?”

“You’re name is Chris Evans and you’re an actor?”

He nodded “Please don’t freak out on me.”

My eyes widened “I am so sorry! I didn’t recognize you at all! I am so so so so so sorry Chris!” my hands ended over my mouth. Was he offended? Did I make him mad?

He took my hands and held them “Hey, hey it’s alright.” He laughed “It means you weren’t talking to me just because I’m famous. It’s quite a nice change from screaming women falling and fainting.”

Then I took in everything I said to him “Oh My God! I told you about….and how….Marvel comics….when you…oh god this is so embarrassing!” I babbled and Chris smiled down at me.

“Kat breathe. It’s alright. Just breathe in and breathe out.” I did what he said “There you go.” He said soothingly.

“Sorry for the panic attack,” I laughed and he took my hand.

“Now that you know, I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime. Like a date?”

“You’re not using your fame to get a date with me, are you?” I said jokingly as I smiled.

“Nope, I’m doing this because I like you.”

I stood on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek “It’s a date.”