Clarisse La Rue's secret obsession

Writing Prompt Quote Of The Day:
"Whenever Clarisse La Rue sees a puppy, she asks the owner is she can pet it."

"AWWWWWWWW"
Rachel and Annabeth kneel down to coo at the small dog. Rachel looked up to the owner.
"How old is she?"
"About a month old, I suppose."
"Awww, that's so adorable!"
"C'mon, Clarisse, even the most cold-hearted people can take a moment to appreciate nature's most adorable creatures!"
Clarissa scoffed and looked away.
"As if. For all we know, that " cute little puppy could be a chimera. Don't you remember what happened with Jackson?" Clarisse hissed at the two.
"You were not even there, Clarisse, what do you know?" Annabeth snapped.
"Technically, you weren't there when the fight occurred either, so I don't want to hear it book for brains."
"...."
"...."
"...Okay, that's enough. Don't we have a camp to be getting back to?" Rachel said, intervening.
"True..."
"Fine."
Rachel smiled as Annabeth ran up beside her.
"So, as I was saying, you will not believe what Percy did on Saturday!'
" God, what did my idiot of a boyfriend do this time?"
"You're gonna like this."
As the two girls walked off, Clarisse took one last look at the dog. She growled. The dog jumped. Clarisse let a small smile form on her face.
"Hey, random dude, can I pet your dog?"

Author's Note:
I have this head cannon where Annabeth and Clarisse are actually pretty dang close and they just fight all the time. (I feel like they are canonically, too. I don't know. It's been awhile since I've read the Percy Jackson series.) I also really love the idea of big, strong, tough Clarisse getting really excited over a puppy. Haha.
Thanks for reading. I know that there is a lot of bad sentence structure in this, but I tried. This is one of my first times attempting actual fanfiction. Wish me luck.