american beauty

to my love;

i remember the first time i ever saw you. it was the middle of january, almost two years ago. i had heard so many great things about you from my friends, but from the very first i knew they were wrong; you were so much more than they said you would be.

my all-american golden boy, with the sweetest heart i've ever known and eyes more blue than the sky, you truly are the kind of guy a girl can adore for the rest of her life.

i can tell that you're an old-fashioned gentleman, the sort that would open the door for a lady with a smile every time, who would call me a doll and make every man who said otherwise (or the same) regret it.

but while my heart may be yours, yours could never be mine. i know it belongs to another, someone with a sunny smile and a mind to rival your own. the one who holds your heart is certainly worthy of the honor, and if any of my words come across as upset you must know that i don't mean it.

i could never begrudge you for finding your love, but you must understand if i find it a little bittersweet. you hung the moon and all of the stars, but it wasn't for me.

please, just remember that you'll always have my love, even if i can't have yours.

sincerely, yours.