The Defeat

"Here I am, on the road again", sang the radio. Tim had quit his job. There might be no better feeling than an orgasm, an excretory action or quitting a job. There is no replication of the overwhelming feeling of being able to say that you're not a slave that too to your boss who is in turn another slave. But today Tim was finally free from the monetary ties. He was on his convertible and on the way to somewhere he still doesn't know.

Tim was not shackled anymore. He had no family, no love and now the only thing he did to fit into the society was also thrown away. He was truly a free man. Was he?

But Tim was always like this. In his teens, he despised society for what it was. A capitalistic democracy where liberty was only just a word. There was no true freedom. The freedom he learnt from his punk rock albums was just another song that goes unheard in the world. But Tim was a rebel. He never stopped believing that one day things are going to change for the world.

Back in the car Tim recollects his days of listening to albums by Dead Kennedys, Pistols and Ramones. But now things are almost the same. Tim tried to fit in. The society just vomited him up to the reality. Society had won, once again to no surprise. Tim was defeated.

He puffs his last cigarette and the radio sings "Turn the page".