How To Tell If Someone Is Lying

1) Repeating a question
Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
You: "Did you try to get into my phone?" And they answer something like
"Did I try to get into your phone...no I did not." they are most likely lying.

2) Facial Expressions
Blushing, excessive blinking, fake smiles, and flared nostrils are all signs someone may be lying. Some might react to a direct question by suddenly jerking their head. Lying might also trigger certain parts like the nose to be itchy. Eye contact is very important too.

3) Eye Direction
Typically when people look to the right, it shows they are tapping into their imagination. When the look up to the left, they are remembering or recalling something, tapping into the memory part of the brain.

4) Unnecessary superlatives
Words like absolutely, tremendous, totally and amazing can be small signs.

5) Stubbornness
Another sign could be if they don't want to talk at all and avoid all conversation.

6) Ways of saying no
- hesitation then "no"
- "no" then they close their eyes
- holding out "nooooooo" for a period of time

7) Details
Them failing to remember details or changing them while telling a story is a big sign. If you think they are lying by this sign, ask them to tell the story backwards.

8) Repeating Words & Phases
This happens because they're trying to convince you and themself of their lie. Repetition is also a way to buy time as they gather their thoughts.

9) Body Language
Body language such as use big hand motions to explain something, fidgeting, touching their face and neck or standing very still can suggest the idea the person is a liar. They also breathe heavily where their shoulders rise and their voice gets shallow.

Note: Signs like these may show when lying but some people are more natural at making seem casual or just hiding it all together. So be sure to keep your eyes and ears open!