A Walk To Remember 2

It's been 10 years... 10 years already since Jamie left me. But the memories of her are just like yesterday, I can still feel it. I still feel the love we shared, see Jamie besides me looking at the stars, and still see her smile that never dies.

Just like the wind... That's what Jamie said.

I missed her so much. But our good memories helps me to continue to live, to go on, with her undying faith that keeps me alive.

Her father once told me that I am the miracle that Jamie witnessed. So I will do everything to continue that and make Jamie more proud.

And that's what I did. I am a doctor now, like my dad. Working in a hospital where he works. He's been there always helping me throughout my career, with my mom who always support and proud of me and still can't believe how I changed my life.

Well, it's Jamie that changed my life. To become a better person and have a purpose.

Jamie's father, Reverend Sullivan, is now with her, more than years ago. Before he died, he told me that they'll be watching me. So he hopes that I will stay happy and soon to find love again. He told me that Jamie will surely like that.

One day, while working on my morning shift, I visit a patient in the ICU. The patient was referred to me by other doctor.

Upon entering the room of the ICU, I was shocked when I saw the patient.

It was Jamie... But of course it's not Jamie. She's just looks like her.

Her name is Amanda. I talked to her parents first and discussed her condition while she's lying on the bed unconscious.

With my curiosity, I also asked them a little about her. They told me that she's in last year of college now. Smart, has a great potential but became a rebel and no direction. Always partying and always drunk, and got in a car accident after the party.

Knowing she looks like Jamie, what I remember was me, before Jamie saves me.

After one week of her treatment, her condition got better. I went to see her again. She's awake now and talked to me.

"Are you my doctor? Can I go home now?" She asked me.

"Yes, we will discharge you tomorrow, so just rest here for now." I answered.

Wanting to know her better, I continue talking to her and get more personal actually and started asking about her life but she started to get mad.

"What's your name doc?" She asked.

"I'm Landon. Landon Carter."

"I know you're my doctor but I don't even know your name and you're asking me personal things."

"I know, I'm sorry. I just want to know you better. It's just... you reminds me of someone I know."

"Okay, Doc Carter... I just don't feel telling stories to strangers right now." She said.

"I'm sorry again, just rest now. I'll come back tomorrow before you go home."

The next day, she's been discharged from the hospital and I saw her on her way out.

"Amanda! You take care now." I said.

"Thank you for everything. Hope to see you sometimes and maybe we can tell personal stories by then."

"Yeah, sure!" As I said goodbye to her.

2 weeks later, on my way home around 10 o'clock in the evening, I saw a woman standing on the bridge, looks like going to jump, so I come near her and tried to talk to her.