1; Be More Chill

* hello! I haven't written anything creative in like more than a year! what are words and plot lines! I want to see if my writing has improved. I had to write a descriptive essay for my English class recently and I wanna apply that to my creative writing from now on. For now, I'll just post "mini chapters??" Like one shots I think they're called? They're not part of a specific story but it's just so I can practice my writing hehe. I guess this will be the first one. *

just warning anyone, there's a lowkey argument. it's like a "fight" between christine and jeremy. and a small breakdown. hooray for au's. clearly im creative. their personalities are totally different so why am i making this bmc related? good point. i dont know. also it's in third person. most of these will be unless stated otherwise.

The scene: Jeremy, Christine, and the rest of the gang have graduated high school. Christine is studying theatre at a University and Jeremy is studying Sociology at a community college. I don't know why. Who knows if they're in New Jersey or not anymore? It's cold; winter break and all. Christine asks Jeremy if they can have a "talk" at a local cafe. He reluctantly agrees.

~~~~~

Jeremy fumbled with the wool mittens surrounding his hands numb from the cold. He raised up his arm to check his watch: 6:12 P.M. She said to meet her at 6..Jeremy thought. He clumsily pulled out his phone and, due to the thick nature of the gloves, had to take them off to properly operate the technology. He scrolled through his text messages to see if Christine had read any of his messages. Disappointed by her absence and seemingly lack of interest, he puts his phone back in his coat pocket. He adjusts his scarf slightly, the deep burgundy complimenting the navy blue color of his jacket. He checks his watch again: 6:15 P.M.

"Hey," a voice as sweet as cotton candy is audible from Jeremy's left side. He spins around to greet her, and noticed a somber smile plastered on her face. He searches her eyes, and he can't detect the light in them that shone bright when they were in high school. "Sorry I'm late. Getting here was kind of a pain."

Despite Christine's subtle sadness, he can't help but offer a warm smile in return. No matter what she does, he will always be in love with her. The way she smiles, the way she talks, the way her arms grip the strap of her backpack hanging off her right shoulder. He feels warmth in his cheeks simply seeing her. It's as if he will never get over his high school crush with her.

"Heh...i-it's okay. I'm glad to see you." Jeremy says, reaching in for a hug. However, Jeremy is surprised to see Christine take a step back. She looks at the ground before taking another look up at Jeremy's face. He can see the gloss in her eyes. Knowing Christine, whatever she was upset about, it was a big deal. He doesn't question her; instead, he offers his arm and she takes it. He peers at her from the side of his eyes, and he sees her trying to keep a smile. He keeps his mouth shut.

He takes her to a table for two at the back of the cafe. Some soft jazz was playing in the background, and all you could smell was coffee and a variety of pastries. Jeremy begins to rise from his seat to fetch some food for the two of them.

"Hey, do you want a-" Jeremy was saying, before Christine interrupted him and shook her head.

"N-no, I plan on making this quick." She sighs, seemingly letting out a breath she had been holding in. Hesitantly, Jeremy sits back down. He's never seen this side of Christine before. She was always happy and weird and funny and overall in an optimistic mood. What could be upsetting her this badly? He's not used to this behavior. Now that he's majoring in Sociology, you'd think he would have a quick conclusion. He's never been faced with an opportunity to analyze the way someone is acting.

He quickly studied her face. Her eyes had grey circles under them. They were rather noticeable, as well as her sad attempt to hide them with makeup. He softly sighed; has she not been sleeping? Has something been bothering her so much that her sleep schedule is completely out of sync and her eyes can't contain their tears? Still, Jeremy decided not to press on it and he let Christine talk.