Chapter One.

Jared's P.O.V

Currently we were on our hour lunch break. I glanced over at Evan, he was texting. Texting. I leaned over and looked at the contact name. Connie.

"Connor, huh?". I asked softly. He nodded slightly and looked back at me, gazing up with big blue eyes.

I almost had to choke back tears as I realized they would never be mine.

Wait, what?

I didn't need Evan. He was my best friend, but I didn't need him. I could find other people. Besides, he seemed quite infatuated with Connor.

Connor..

"Jared?". I was woken from my daze by Evan tapping me lightly.

"Yeah, Ev?"

"Ev?!". He squealed

"Yeah, what did you need, Ev?". I smirked slightly. He blushed.

"U-Uh do you maybe want to hangout after school? I don't have therapy until Thursday." He asked.

My head snapped up instantly.

"Y-yeah!" I stuttered. Smooth.

He smiled and looked back at his phone. His grin faltered as he went to reply to whoever texted him.

"What?" I asked quietly.

"N-nothing.." He trailed off.

"It's something. Please, Evan".

He didn't say anything. He didn't even look up at me. He looked down at his phone yet again before beginning to breathe heavily. He was hyperventilating. He began to sweat, and looked like he was struggling for breath.

"What happened". I demanded more than asked.

He shook his head, and whimpered.

I was done at this point. I grabbed his hand and led him to a nearby forest, we were spending our lunch a little ways away from the school. I knew he'd love it here. As we approached the vast forest filled with pines and evergreens, Evans chest heaved less, and he was getting noticeably calmer.

I gave a small smile as Evan looked around. I went to let go of his hand, but he looked at me with a hurt expression and gripped my hand tighter. I gladly squeezed his back and gave him a large grin, which pulled a small smile out of him. His eyes gleamed in the sunlight as he gazed around. This was best for him. His and Connors relationship was going downhill. He deserved a break. Besides, being in a friendship with Connor meant bullying, anxiety, and a bipolar friend who treated you like shit anyways.

Evans hair glistened in the sunlight as we stood there, hand in hand, in the middle of a forest. On any other occasion, I would've been revolted. I hadn't come out to anyone. And I doubt I will, at least not anytime soon. But right now I was caught up in the moment of pure bliss and happiness.

He lowered himself into the ground and let go of my hand, I felt empty. He sat criss cross on the ground, and patted beside his lap, gesturing for me to sit beside him. He seemed at peace now. I looked around awkwardly. He's never been one to start conversations. I opened my mouth to speak but I was cut off.

"Thank you". He said gratefully. I hummed in response.

Suddenly my watch beeped, it made that sound every hour. I glanced down. One o' clock.

"We should probably get going to class.." I muttered.

He gave me a look that read 'I don't want to leave'. He pouted cutely and I didn't want to go, but school is important.. Somewhat at least.

I tugged at his sleeve, jumping to my feet. I tried to pull him up with me but he didn't budge, only giving me puppy dog eyes. I didn't want to leave, but I still rolled my eyes and pulled again.

"Ev, come on".

No response.

"Evvvv.." I trailed off quietly, looking away.

He grumbled but got up, still grasping my hand. I felt him hold me tighter as I told him the time and that we should get back.

"Evan, I'd love to stay here, but-"

The next thing I knew, his lips were on mine, and the time for talk was over.