1. Headlines

Words: 825

It was an energetic Saturday morning for the Lieberman family; a positive mood that had finally become a norm for the household. 

Of course, returning to how things once were was impossible when there was a gaping hole consisting of twelve long months with nothing but pain, anguish, and rage. But that didn't stop the Lieberman's from trying their damn hardest to expel whatever sadness Cerberus bestowed upon them and replacing it with new lively memories of all four of the Liebermans; as it rightfully should be. 

"Breakfast!" Sarah Lieberman yelled out at the top of her lungs, her voicing travelling to all the far corners of her family home. She couldn't help but hold her breath, counting down the seconds with the ugly, sinking feeling beginning to form in the pit of her stomach. The feeling would continue to grow, paralyzing her body until a lean man would stroll casually into the kitchen, his goofy smile dispelling all of Sarah's worries away. 

"Morning, Baby." David Lieberman would never get tired of greeting his beautiful wife. After being separating for so long, David cherished every single second with Sarah and their children, the good and bad. He was exceedingly grateful that he could once again resume his role as a husband and father. 

He approached his wife from behind and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her to his chest as he rested his chin on her shoulder. 

Sarah giggled softly as David's beard tickled her blushed cheek. 

God, David loved the sound of her laugh. Even though three years have passed since their reunion, David still couldn't get enough of his wife. Sarah felt the same. 

"Would my lady care for a massage with an extra bonus," David whispered into Sarah's ear. He smiled mischievously, hinting for something a bit more intimate than a simple back rub. 

"But the kids are right here!" Sarah whispered as David let his hands travel down his wife's curves. Sarah didn't stop him. 

David merely scoffed. "They're too engrossed in the t .v. I could blast Kiss' entire Dynasty album and they wouldn't even flinch."

Although David did make a valid point, Sarah still wasn't convinced. "What about we wait until this evening when the kids are out of the house?" 

David couldn't wait that long. He wanted his wife now. Sarah wouldn't admit it out loud, but she wanted David now too. 

But the sudden sound of a commotion from the living room ended the married couple's dispute, much to their dismay. Sarah and David sighed as the sounds of fighting and shouting grew louder. 

"It's your turn," Sarah reminded David, leaving no room for him to back out.

And so with a heavy sigh, David stalked forward to the war zone where his daughter and son were fighting over the remote. "What's going on?" 

"I want to watch cartoons but Leo wants to watch the dumb news." David's son, Zach, explained.

"They're not dumb. You just lack the brain cells to comprehend the information broadcasted." Leo remarked.

Before another fight could break out, David took a seat right between his kids. 

"Here's how things are gonna play out" David intervened, grabbing his kids' attention. "News finishes in ten minutes then its cartoons. Deal?"  

His kids nodded their heads. 

David turned to the television and read the headline. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. "What is this? Fast and Furious?" 

"Crazy, right?" Leo exclaimed in excitement. "NYPD couldn't catch the car until the driver finally parked it right in front of DHS' front door." 

"Homeland?" David asked. He was a little bit intrigued. It was rare when New York covered the Triads. That organization held little power in the city of gangs, cartels, and Kings. 

"Apparently, witnesses report that the driver and passenger were claiming to have information against the Triads here." 

Zach rolled his eyes. "Those morons are gonna die anyway by choosing the law. Pete would've done a better job by killing all these Triad losers in a single night." 

"Zach," David warned, using his parental tone. 

Sadly, Zach wasn't the least bit intimidated. "What? It's the truth. What they're doing is suicide. The Triads will silence them for good before there's even a chance for a trial."  

Leo looked up at David for back up. "The DHS will keep the sources safe, right?" 

David didn't know how to answer that without scaring Leo. Luckily for him, his phone rang. He didn't hesitate to answer, using the call as an excuse to buy him some time though he was certainly surprised by the caller ID. "Um, is there a reason you're calling me so early? Do you require my supreme technical skills?" He joked.

Leo and Zach rolled their eyes at their dad's lame joke. Zach snatched the remote out of Leo's hand while she was momentarily distracted by the abrupt phone call. He was about to change the channel with David shrieked.

"Holy Fūck!"