UNKNOWN SOLDIER

Once filled with joy and life , now reeking of nothing but death ...

That's his town , and today he finally comes back to it now that the war is over .

At the entrance he stares at the fallen buildings and the buildings that still deny their fate , like lifeless skeletons barely standing , with the wind nearly pushing them to fall . Some buildings fall with the first step he takes in town . The wind blows around him and toward the town , encouraging him to step forward .

As he passes by the buildings , the wind passes by his side and through the ruins , making an agonizing wail as it surges through the lifeless town . The wails would seem for a second like the sound of joyful kids running around in the field , then changes to the disturbing screams of the women , the cries of the men and screams of the children , and then a short silence , then the symphony repeats itself . The wind never leaves his side , as if it was telling him what happened to each and every corner of the town .

He stares at the big clock in the center of the town , it was broken and the hands were missing . The wind circles the clock and the fallen ruins begin to move with it . However , he turns his back to the wind and the clock and walks away . The wind slows down for a second , then follows him.

He sees what was once the town masjid . Even its holy importance didn't protect him . As the wind wails toward the masjid , the horrified prayers of the scared townspeople echoes from the ruins around and within the masjid . He shakes his head , and then walk away .

Something moves behind the ruins .

He looks and sees a little girl sitting in the distance , dressed in rags , with her hair ripped and smudged with mud . The wind stills .

He is shocked . His eyes are wide open , his pulse is agitated . His hands are trembling .

He takes a deep breath and calls her " kid ! "

She snaps , stands quickly and turns around . Just as she catches a glance of his presence her eyes are fixed on him . Behind her a small beautiful rose that the sun is shining on despite the cloudy weather .

" What is your name? Where are your parents ? "

She looks on the ground .

" I asked you a question , can't you talk ? "

The girl shakes her head

He stares at her for a long time , before taking his gun and shooting her in the head ...

Her lifeless body falls on the ground ... He steps on her and toward the flower . He crushes it with the back of the gun .

The flower is gone ... The girl is dead .

The winds rage , and storms around him , carrying boulders and even entire buildings as it makes the greatest tempest ever . The man walks , and storm follows him like a beast chasing its prey

But the man , even when walking , stays in the center of the storm , with the chaotic storm hovers around him and destroys what was not destroyed by the war , never touching him as he walks the fallen town .

UNKNOWN SOLDIEROn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara