Adorably Creative

Papyrus was just laying on the couch, he had the t.v. on, but he wasn't really paying attention, he was pretty close to just dozing off, until he heard his younger brother burst in through the door, announcing his return in his ever eccentric manner.

The taller skeleton couldn't help but hum in amusement, and he sat up on the couch so he could greet his little bro properly.

"Hey bro, how was-" He trailed off when he saw Sans standing in front of him. Usually seeing his little bro always made him happy, but right now, the seeing the state of his brother, he couldn't decide if he should be shocked or enraged.

Sans noticed his older brothers funny looks, and the younger brother became concerned. He gently placed a hand on his brothers knee, squeezing gently as he spoke softly.

"Papy? Brother? Are you ok?"

The sound of Sans voice seemed to snap Papyrus out of his shocked state, and finally the anger settled in.

Papyrus grabbed his brother by both wrists, his grips firm and tight, so his brother couldn't pull away.

"Papy! Wha-" "Shush, Sans!"

A tiny whimper escaped the younger brothers mouth, but Papyrus didn't seem to notice, he seemed to focused on looking at the markings all over his little brothers bones.

On Sans left arm was a crude inking of a blue and white dragon, drawn to look like it wrapped around the humerus, down to the radius and looped around and stopping at the ulna.

On Sans right arm, it was a mess of ink, blues, pinks, greens, purples, random splashes of the colours, a long with very awkwardly drawn anime looking characters.

"Undyne." Papyrus growled.

"D-don't be mad at her, Papy! U-Undyne found this ink machine, in the dump, an-and Alphys thought I'd look cool with some-" "Look cool?!"

Sans winced, it was so rare he heard his brother raise his voice, particularly at him.

"What made you think this was a good idea?! You let those two TATTOO you Sans! That shit is permanent!"

Sans was about to call his brother out on his bad language, but the words quickly died in his mouth when Papyrus shot him harsh look.

"Also, tattoos really work on SKIN, which we lack, so to get the needle in you, they'd have to etch your bones! Sans! How are you not in pain? No, why did you let them do that?! They didn't exactly leave you with any works of art! I mean look at your hands!"

Sans automatically held out his hands, he was even inked on his phalanges, and badly at that. On the right hand, his inked phalanges read "LOVE" while on the left, read "HAT"

"That was supposed to be hate." Sans sighed, flexing his phalanges. " Together they were supposed to read LOVE and HATE, Alphys thought that'd make me look tough, but, Undyne ran out of ink. Now I'm just a love hat."

Papyrus honestly didn't know if he should laugh or lock his brother in his room, while he went and gave Alphys and Undyne a bad time.

He did neither.

Even though it was their fault! They knew Sans would do anything Alphys suggested, he wanted to be a guard like her, he looked up to her, he wanted to impress her so much, and she abused that trust and loyalty by doing this?

He's not angry, not at Sans at least, this wasn't his fault, he just wanted to seem cool.

With a sigh, Papyrus just let his hands slide down his brother arms, hands barley brushing against the inky bone. Papyrus gently took hold of Sans hands, he wanted to squeeze them, perhaps as a form of reassurance, but he didn't want to hurt his little brother. He was still amazed that Sans hadn't made a sound. It was like he wasn't in pain at all.