𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

CHAPTER FOUR | MASQUERADE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA'S HANDS SHOOK HAS SHE HELD A GLASS OF BOURBON IN HER HAND. To her surprise, Damon was actually being sympathetic to her current state, rather than running his mouth about how she should've been more careful in the first place. She didn't know if she was more scared of that than Katherine's threat.

In the past few days, they had done a number of things that fuelled Katherine's rage and they knew she was bound to retaliate at some point. After Stefan and Elena pretended to break up, Katherine compelled Jenna to stab herself because they didn't listen to her. Damon also took it upon himself to kill Mason Lockwood, Katherine's werewolf boyfriend who was also helping her locate the moonstone. 

"Are you alright?" Was the first question that fell from her best friend's lips as he hurried into the parlor once Damon had called him. "What happened?"

"Go ahead, tell him." Damon gently encouraged the blonde after she had taken a sip of her drink. The oldest of the two brothers gazed toward Stefan, with a smirk. "You're gonna love this."

Klara looked up to Stefan, who's eyed contained nothing but worry for the state of his friend. "Katherine cornered me today." 

"Where?" Stefan immediately retorted. 

"The Grill. I went into the bathroom, obviously to pee and then when I got out of the stall, she was there." Klara explained slowly. "I obviously thought that she was Elena at first, but then when I tried to leave, she stopped me. She wanted me to deliver you guys a message. She wants the moonstone tonight at the masquerade ball or she's gonna rip this town apart until it rains blood." 

Stefan's fury had risen the moment that he learned about Katherine cornering his best friend. "She wants to do it in public. Killing Mason threw her off guard."

"She's running scared. What she did to Jenna was desperate." Damon confidently spoke. "She's out of tricks."

"We can't underestimate her." Stefan sighed once he looked toward Damon, who clearly didn't care. "We have to play this smarter than her."

"If the moonstone is what she wants, why can't we just give it to her?" Klara offered up the suggestion but immediately shut her mouth when she heard Damon scoff.

"No. Katherine's not getting dick." The raven-haired Salvatore instantly snapped. "I've had it. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball, and I'm gonna kill her. Tonight."

Stefan pondered for a moment as if he were thinking about his options. He let a sigh finally escape his lips. "You're not gonna kill her."

"Oh, don't give me that goody-goody crap."

"You're not going to kill her." Stefan stepped closer to Damon once more. "Because I am."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───