Chapte one :A trip to... SCOTLAND?

The room was silent as the girl sat on her bed. Her long hair sitting all around her as she did her homework, she had a knack for leaving it until Sunday, leaving Saturday to be her day to rest. Her slightly longer nails adored her small hands as she scribbled across the paper, mumbling to herself how this was the third essay she had to do. The house itself was pretty silent as well, everyone had gone to sleep she thought, that was until her door opened, revealing her mother.

"Elena, we need to talk."

Hearing those words kind of scared the poor girl, talk about what? Has she done something wrong and forgotten about it? As all those thoughts swirled her mind, her mother sat down on the bed in front of her.

"You see... I got a very good job offering, but it is in Scotland..." Her mother had trailed off as a soft "oh" left the girls lips.

"Now, you can stay home and not go with me, but we both know your father isn't the best person when it comes to taking care of you." The girl nodded, knowing full well what her mother meant, she thought about it for a moment before nodding.

"Alright... I'll go with you mom."

"Thank you dear. The flight is tomorrow and we should be staying for around five months so... pack most of you belongings." Her mother said before holding her hands, giving them a little squeeze and leaving the room, letting the girls' brain flood with thoughts.

'How am I supposed to pack so much stuff? Well... I suppose let's just get started on it then.'

She rose from her bed, taking boxes and bags of all sorts and started packing most of her things, leaving behind only what she knew she would not need. It took her around 3 hours to pack everything, seeing as night was coming close, she decided that getting early sleep might do her well. Her bed felt even softer now when she knew she'd have to part with it soon, so she immediately snuggled up into it, face buried in the pillow and whole body wrapped up with blankets.

As morning had rolled around, she had to wake up quite early to get ready and go to the airport. Being not a morning person definitely did not come in handy that day, as she had barely managed to put on some clothing she had found she hadn't taken, brushed her teeth and wash her face. She was tempted to put on some makeup, to at least cover up her dark circles, but decided upon being far too tired to do so. Her mother was already awake, sipping on her coffee at the kitchen table while reading the newspaper. Not many words were exchanged between the two as she made her tea, hoping it might wake her up a little. She had noticed that her things were already in the trunk or the car which was going to drive them to the airport.

"Around when will we arrive?"

"I think around 2pm dear."

She nodded at her mother's words, drinking the rest of her tea before washing the mug and putting it aside. The time to go came soon, the two hour drive felt tense between the girl's parents as they hadn't been getting along at all as of late. The airport was quite busy for such an early morning, Elena couldn't resist to rub her sleepy eyes as she took her stuff and followed her mother inside, it took them about an hour to get it all checked in. After boarding the plane, she was lucky enough to get the window seat, pulling out her headphones to listen to music as she gazed at the beautiful morning sun and clouds; the sight was a beautiful and rare one indeed. She relished in its beauty, finding herself leaning against her seat as her eyes fell closed, sleep overtaking her form. By the time she had waken up, they were about to land. She disliked how the plane shook each landing and taking off, but she dealt with it. After finally finding all of their luggage, her mother called for a taxi and told the driver the location. The drive from the airport in Scotland wasn't a long one, barely over 40 minutes. As they arrived at the house, or, should she say mansion, her eyes widened slightly. She knew the company her mother worked in was rich but, it seemed like many here had mansions instead of houses, in her opinion at least. She took her time exploring their new home, it was quite large and spacey, seeming if she wanted to have a sleepover with 4 different families she could. She had chosen a room at the highest floor, wanting as much privacy as she could get, which was plenty as each floor had a bathroom and kitchen. Putting her stuff down, she decided against unpacking right now, she was beyond tired. Curling up on her new, even softer bed than her previous one, her eyes fell shut as she slept. To say she slept a day would be little, she slept 27 hours to be exact, exhausted from the jet lag. She rubbed her eyes and walked to the first floor, where her mother had settled in. Seeing a note on the table she quickly skimmed over it. Her mother said she was already off to work, money was left behind and if she needed anything she can go out and get it. She took the money, knowing that she was going to need it for food. After changing into something more appropriate for the day, she put on a light jacket and walked out, heading to the close by marked or groceries. She didn't buy much, knowing she wouldn't need it. While skimming thru some apples, she felt eyes on her. She turned her gaze to see a little boy, around eight or nine she'd say, staring at her in awe. She simply tilted her head as his mother nudged him, saying it was rude to stare. They both walked up to her, the boy's eyes shining as he asked.

"Are you a vampire!?"

She had to admit, that question took her off guard. Sure, her skin was unnaturally pale and she had eye bags, but she would have never thought she looked like a vampire. Maybe her choice of dark clothing led the boy to think she was one.

His mother was quick to gently nudge him again.

"Tony! You can't just ask someone you've never met if they are a vampire!" She turned to the girl before smiling softly. "I'm sorry, my son is truly obsessed with vampires, and he has mistaken quite a few people for vampires before."

The girl shook her head and put on a small smile. "It is quite alright, sadly no, I am not a vampire but I sure do look like one huh?" She smiled even more as the boys eyes light up and he nodded. Their bond was quick to grow, as she amused him with all the vampire fact she knew and the boy practically stuck to her like a baby koala. After a few minutes his mother laughed.

"He really seems to like you... hmm; you wouldn't be free tomorrow in the evening maybe? My husband and I are going to a party and we really need a babysitter."

The girl, although surprised at the request, smiled and nodded. "I would gladly take the job!" She affectionately ruffled Tony's spiky hair; after all, she could use money. She listened patiently as his mother explained it all to her and she nodded, having to part with them for the day. The boy was quick to wave at her while holding his mother's hand, she waved back and walked to her house, excited about spending time with someone who had similar interest with hers. Maybe staying in Scotland for so long wouldn't be so bad.  

I edited the first chapter for now, it is quite different than the original so I hope you all like it! I will try to edit the others as fast as I can with school and all <3