c h a p t e r 1

'Adrien Agreste, teen model sensation! The perks of being a model!'

Adrien Agreste threw the magazine he was reading across the room and watched as it bounced of the wall and onto the floor. He groaned as he threw himself into his chair at his desk. Why did everything always have to be about him? Everywhere he walked Paris would be covered in posters of him, shops with magazines with his face plastered onto every page. Wow. The perks of being a model. Yeah right. Sometimes he just wished he could escape the life of Adrien Agreste for a while and be someone else...

Adrien swivelled around in his chair as a large crash sounded from behind him.

'Plagg!' he groaned.

The kwami sat up, holding a large lump of camembert cheese in his paw.

'What?'

'Be a little quieter or Natalie will hear and wonder what I'm doing! If you're found, then you'll be sorry.'

'You mean you'll be sorry because you won't be able to see Ladybug every again!' Plagg mocked.

Adrien rolled his eyes and swivelled back around in his chair facing the computer, feeling a small blush rise in his cheeks.

Ignoring Plagg's laughter as he rolled around behind him at his own joke, Adrien clicked onto the Ladyblog.

Alya was seriously awesome! If it wasn't for her, he'd never be able to watch Ladybug fly around Paris. Not that he didn't do that enough already if course, but honestly, he couldn't get enough of her. How could anyone get enough of her?

He rested his head in his hands and sighed.

'Ugh, talk about dramatic!' Plagg moaned. 'You're making me loose my appetite!'

🐞

Marinette Dupain-Cheng stared out of the window of the bakery. Paris was cloaked in darkness at this time of night so that the street lamps and the stars lit up the city like a candled cake. She yawned widely and turned to look at the time.

'I've got school tomorrow so I'm going up to bed.' she said to her parents.

Her mum nodded.

'Sleep well, sweetie.' she said, giving her a hug as she made her way upstairs.

As soon as she was in her room with the attic door closed behind her, Tikki flew out from inside her jacket.

'You're on night patrol tonight!' She reminded her, suddenly. 'You've done you're homework, right?'

Marinette smiled and nodded.

'Don't worry, Tikki I'm all set.' She answered.

Marinette stuffed a pillow under her bedclothes to make it look like she was in bed in case her mum came to say goodnight, then jumped down into the centre of the room. Her kwami looked at her excpectantly. Marinette smiled.

'Tikki, spots on!'

Within seconds, Tikki was gone and Mariette stood alone in her room, or rather- Ladybug did.

Ladybug climbed up the ladder and stood outside on her balcony and with a flick of her wrist she was off up onto one of Paris's many roofs, flying past houses, cars, streets, feeling the wind blow through her hair, and she laughed out loud, despite being alone.

After a few minutes, she stopped. She sat on the roof opposite a large house with huge metal gates and a wall surrounding it. The house of her favourite fashion designer and the boy she was completely in love with, Gabriel and Adrien Agreste.