The Past:chapter1;secret garden

"They say life is not a bed of roses,I completely disagree, life is exactly a bed of roses with thorns pricking you when you least expect it"
Me

Seven years ago

"Elena look at this," my mother said softly,I was watching the butterflies hovering around the flowers,they were of different colors and species, the most common of them were the monarch butterflies, they were all beautiful, both the flowers and the butterflies.
I

turned to look at her,"this is a bit easy she said, you're going to help this little flower grow,she was pointing to a small sunflower, demonstrating she lifted her hands and touched the stem,the flower glowed a little green light and began to increase in length, the petals blossoming. "Beautiful"I whispered, she nodded, it is. You too can create and enhance beauty in nature. Teach me how,"firstly she began every living thing has a beginning and an end, you must not change the cycle of life unless absolutely necessary. Because if one thing lives another must die." You may not understand now but as you grow older you will.
I nodded in answer, "can I try",I ask,"you can" she answers "feel the cool tingling inside you,touch the petals" I stretched my hand out to touch it and felt the tingling spread to my fingertips. A light green glow emanates from my hands and circles the flower,it becomes lush and the color brighter,I pull my hand back and the glow dissolves. "Good job Elena,you're a fast learner," she says ruffling my hair. "Thanks"I grumble out.
"You can also use it to heal sick or injured people,but be careful
who you trust with this information,people are devious."Mum was so smart,nobody could deceive her,she'll see right through the person. "Can we make flower crowns?"I ask. Even better, she answers, we'll make a wedding. So we got to work,making flower crowns, bouquets of flowers for the bride(my mum) and the flower girl (myself). Next we went to find my dad and brothers who were practicing reflexes and surprise them. They were of course in the secret garden. That's where we practice our magic, powers and have fun,no one knows where it is except my immediate family members. My mum and I grew all the flowers from seeds,they are always glowing, there's no need to trim them or anything. It's a perfect garden. Oh how rude of me,meet my tiger,he's a saber tooth, oh don't worry he doesn't bite,not yet anyway, my brothers each have theirs,not tigers anyway. Ralok,my big brother has a lion, bigger than most lions, he rides him from time to time, my younger brother Saleo has a cheetah though its not that big,we can communicate with the animals, both ours and other smaller animals. "Okay there they are," I saw to my mum,she stops and I walk to the boys quietly and solemnly, as I get closer to them,I twirl pouring my basket of flowers on them,they look stunned, using the opportunity I run as fast as can but of course, they caught me,you know extremely fast reflexes. They begin to tickle me while I beg for mercy, my parents all the while have been laughing crazily rolling on the floor and soon we join them rolling on the grass laughing, we were satisfied, we were happy, but that was before they came and took away our love....