FED UP

Harry was in detention again. And of course, it was with Professor Snape. He hadn't even done anything wrong this time, it was just an excuse for Snape to let out his anger, why else would Harry get a detention for finishing a potion correctly? He was completely sick of always being told that he was a disgrace and that his potion making abilities were just dreadful. Harry knew full well how to make a decent potion but Snape seemed not able to acknowledge it. Hence the reason he was now scrubbing cauldrons by hand under supervision from his greasy potions master.

Said potions master was sitting in his desk sighing in frustration. He was having a very hard day and now he just had to deal with another hassling problem. The tank that sat ever so innocently on his desk was the centre of his frustrations. The snake that was curled up on the rock was one of the most venomous snakes in the magical world, and for one of the potions that he had to make its venom was needed. This snake was not cooperating in the slightest. Every time that his hand was getting close to the snake and then the horror would strike. It would snap its fangs at his hand which meant that getting the venom was near to impossible. He had barely even noticed Potter working on the cauldrons and it was only that small thought when Snape did look up that stopped him from banging his head on the desk. Life was really taunting him now.

"Get your filthy fingers out of my face!"

"Get any closer and you will regret it!"

"Stop it, stop it, stop, stop it,"

Harry was truly getting annoyed at the comments which the snake had been spitting at his potions master for the last two hours. He was already cranky because of his circumstances and all of this complaining and the threats were not doing anything for his headache. It had finally gotten to nine and Harry was free to leave. He packed away all of the cleaning equipment and Snape hadn't even noticed; he was just staring blankly and the tank. Harry had turned towards the door and was about to leave when he paused. He was sick of it. He was smarter than an idiotic Gryffindor. He might have the chance to change someone's view. To show them the real Harry Potter.

"Leave the man alone," Harry hissed in Parseltongue. Snape stiffened in his seat and the snake swung it's head around to look straight at Harry. "He's not going to hurt you, the man just wants a bit of your venom," Harry explained to the snake.

"But how dare he even touch me, I am far better than that filth, Speaker," the snake lifted its head with what Harry imagined self-importance would look like on a snake. Harry just shook his head. The snake really had a personality like Draco Malfoy.

"You are a very special snake," Harry placated "but this man would be so thankful and he would be in your debt. I could probably wrangle some more treats for you from him if you like?" The snake seemed to consider this before agreeing as long as he got a whole lot more food.

Harry looked at his professor who seemed to be in shock.

"This snake will let you take its venom now," Snape didn't say anything so Harry turned to the door, but just before he left the room Harry turned back. "And just so you know the next time that you need venom from the world's most deadly snake for a healing potion, remember that you have a parselmouth in your midst; not all is as it seems you know. Good night professor."