Chapter One: Meta-human

My name's Barry Allen, and I'm the fastest man alive-well... apart from Zoom, Reverse Flash, and Savatar. They're all dead though; some even died twice. Anyways, let's get down to business.

    I zipped around Star Labs, following my Wednesday morning routine. No one was here this early, not even H.R. who usually sleeps in the lab. He's probably buying our Starbucks orders now; that man loves his coffee. He calls it, 'the nectar of the gods'.
I routinely checked the labs as well as the meta-prison. All clear. Every meta was locked it their chamber, the power-dampening collars choking their necks. I continuously ran in circles until my scarlet lightning trail created concentric shapes. I skidded to a stop in the main hub, sending papers flying in all directions. Kaitlyn is always fussing about getting paper weights, but never finds the time to buy them. I checked the watch Joe gave me; it read 6:15. I was late for work again. Trust me, I know the irony.

   I headed down 24th and 5th leaving a red streak on my path until I arrived at the corner of CCPD headquarters

I headed down 24th and 5th leaving a red streak on my path until I arrived at the corner of CCPD headquarters. I brushed off my jeans and Converse that were slightly smoking due to my journey here. I slung my briefcase around my shoulder and entered the building.

"Allen," Captain Singh said as he ate his jelly-filled donut, "Late."

"I know Captain," I sighed, annoyed even with myself at this point. Suddenly, an emergency broadcast, appeared on the T.V. with my wife, Iris, as the main reporter. Every officer focused their attention to the single screen.

   "Broadcasting live from the Central City subway system, local resident Lucas Crow kidnapped various hostages and now remains in an unknown location," Iris reported, "Unfortunately, there were over twenty casualties and many more with critical injuries. As you can see, this is a dangerous criminal who can't be underestimated." 

Behind her, the railroad tracks were ripped apart and tied in knots, like the twisty ties you'd find on loafs of bread. Blood stained the steel tracks and distorted bodies laid across the rocks. Loved one's arrived at the scene, some placed roses on the track; others fell to their knees swallowed in anguish, drowning in their tears. I know that feeling well by now.
This could only mean one thing: Meta-human.

————————————————————————
Yo! If you are as big of a fan of Flash like I am, send me a comment of the inside jokes I hide throughout the chapters! Sorry if this chapter is short, I will lengthen them later. Thanks for reading! DC > Marvel!