Prologue

*approximately 6 months earlier*

May 19, 2018 - Jennie's P.O.V.

I woke up to my annoying alarm and realized it was 11am. Well, damn, that's a lot of sleeping today, Jennie. I also realized it was Saturday, which meant it was time for Lisa's party. I was so excited to see Yoongi, since we were dating for almost half a year. I wonder if he remembers our half year anniversary is almost here. I certainly do, but if he forgot, I don't blame him. He might be busy with different things if forget is the case.

I picked up my phone from my nightstand as I groaned and yawned, trying to wake up entirely. I had a lot of new notifications that I was obviously too lazy to read, so I decided to just scroll through Instagram and like a few posts before going to wash and prepare for the party that was starting in about 2 hours. 

As I scrolled, I caught something that caught my attention.

Yoongi's new post. 

Why the fuck did he take a picture with Sana? Ehem, you have a girlfriend, sir

Why the fuck did he take a picture with Sana? Ehem, you have a girlfriend, sir. I got a bit pissed for a minute, at both him and Sana, and didn't realize why. I'm usually not the jealous girlfriend, but this really made me mad. It's almost like cheating. 

Well, not really. I'm overdramatic sometimes, but anyways. He took a picture with Sana, a random girl from our grade that has been flirting with him lately, and the two of us have no couple pictures, even in 6 months!

I then checked my KakaoTalk and saw Lisa texted me. Guess what! She sent me the picture, saying "he says she's just a friend, but I wouldn't count on that." Lisa also used to have a crush on him, and she therefore knows how difficult he can be, but I always thought he loves me and would never ditch me for other girls such as Sana. I'm probably wrong though.

Inhale and exhale, Jennie. It's no big deal. As Lisa said, they're most likely just friends.

As I managed to calm down a little, I went to dress up, and walked down the lane to get an uber so I could go to Lisa's party. Right then Jisoo called me and told me it would be nice to take an uber together, so in a fine few minutes she was right in front of my house. For the entire ride I tried to keep calm and not to open my mouth to talk about Yoongi and Sana. I tried to forget everything and not tell too many people, but it was still on my mind, obviously.

***

As Jisoo and I entered the arcade, we saw that everyone was already there, playing a diversity of games around the place. I managed to spot Seulgi and Irene playing table football in a corner of the room, I saw Jimin and Jungkook mess around playing on the X-Box, and I could even see Lisa playing air hockey with Rosé. Her outfit wasn't too elaborate even if it was her own party, but it wasn't like clothing mattered, so I just let it go.

I grabbed Jisoo's wrist and pulled her so we could go join Seulgi and Irene on the table football game, but I stopped as I saw something that really triggered me once again.

Yoongi and Sana.

They seemed to be having so much fun playing Tetris, that Yoongi didn't even see me walk in. He didn't approach me with a warm hug and didn't say hi to me like he usually does. He plainly didn't notice me because he was concentrated on playing with Sana.

I tried not to, but I could feel an entire tear storm coming from behind my eyes.

Honestly, I've had it.

"Excuse me a little", I said, faked a smile, and ran to the bathroom as fast as I could.

*back to the present - September 27, 2018*

The next day, Yoongi broke up with me, and less than a month later, he got with Sana. Surprisingly enough, they are now still in a happy relationship. I mean, I can't really tell how happy it actually is, since Sana wanted to break up with him this past week, but anyways, it seems pretty stable now.

I haven't dated any boys ever since that very day. I was just too broken over him for quite a few more weeks, and then got over it.

Or at least I thought so.

Today at 3am, I woke up, almost crying. I had a dream in which he broke my heart. Not very different from reality, but still terrifying. My heart started beating at a crazy pace only at the thought of falling for him once again. I knew that this wasn't good to me - he was hard to get over. And it wasn't good to Sana, his girlfriend, since she was my close friend and I didn't want to hurt her. And it definitely wasn't good for Soojin, one of my other close friends, who was so obsessed with him that she would've killed to break him up with Sana.

In any case, the thought of all my deep and strong feelings for him coming back to me, was terrifying. Or, "feelings that come back never left", as Jisoo said. Jisoo was my absolute best friend, so I trusted her with everything, and she always had the best advice for me, which I clearly loved about her.

Well, to be honest, she was quite right. I thought I got over Yoongi because I thought I had feelings for other guys, but I didn't. Not genuinely, at least. He still occupied a big part of my heart, no matter if we were "just friends", no matter how many girlfriends he got, and no matter how many times he broke my heart before. I just kept coming back to him. 

I wasn't in love with him this time, or at least that's what I felt like. The fact that he was with Sana or that Soojin liked him did not hurt me deeply like it did before.

To my heart, he was just a memory. And I was in love with the memory of him.