1

Whoosh: wind crawled through my hair like a gentle caress. The open meadow was sprinkled with arrays of exotic flowers, lifting a luxurious scent of lavender into the air. Rays of golden sunshine were like wine, pouring across the beautiful scenery. Grass was lush and green, dotted with delicate daisies. Imposing trees, as high as stars, dispersed throughout the appealing grassland. Amethyst skies stretched as far as the eye could see. Leisurely, feathery clouds strolled across the sky.

Along an ancient, granular pathway, deep streams raced down either side. Dashes of coral slipped through the crystal water. Fish: patchy, inflated blow-fish; plum butterfly fish; and tawny barred jack. Gracefully, lily pads floated through the aqua.

Just then, splash! Miniature frogs, all olive green, surged out of the stream. Merrily, they hopped into the sea of emerald grass.

Filthy, faded and feeble fences surrounded the capacious prairie. Deeply, bulky boulders slumped into the grubby ground. Armies of ants marched under the shadowing blades of grass; trusting they would find food. But would they?

While sauntering near towering trees, soft calls from a family of crows hummed. Leaves were an array of colours: peacock green; cinnamon brown; cherry red; and peach orange. Wind rustled each leaf, plucking occasional fronds from their branches. Acorns scattered across the bottom of the trees. It was Autumn's touch.

Mountains loomed over the meadow. Blankets of snow topped each one, acting like a mother protecting her child from the numbing wind. Steadily, an infant mountain goat trotted up the rocky hill, desperately trying to find his mother through the brewing mist.

Quickly, the sky had turned as black as death. Once clean, fresh clouds were now inky black. Rain. Hail. Everywhere you looked was viciously attacked by the chunks of ice and plummeting raindrops. Golden lightning struck the raven sky like a snake hunting down it's prey. The sky was split in half. Deafening thunder bounded across the dreary clouds.

Without warning, families of crows flocked out of trees. Powerful lightning dived into the saplings, pouring fire onto the soaring plants. Rapidly, contorted branches, that were holding the crows nest, dispersed a choking smoke as the fire swam along them. Cracked leaves screeched as the destroying fire turned them to a crumbled charcoal. Bordering evergreen cast shadows across the gloomy meadow. Wild animals: frantic barn owls; growling bears; speedy foxes; and rattling snakes all searched for a safe place to shelter from the furious storm.

Hidden in the splintery wood, a thatched cabin was the victim to raindrops crashing against the chipped rooftops and fragile windows like bullets. Thick, ripe and assorted pumpkins scattered through the cabin's crowded garden. Some lay destroyed, disemboweled by the raging storm. Forcible wind howled through the anchored trees, ripping defenseless leaves from winding branches. Bizarre flowers, that decorated the edges of the cabin had been drowned by the rain: the murdering rain. Solemnly, devastated owners of the cabin stared at their beloved garden's destruction. Their laborious effort gone; ruined. Mixed emotions ran through them. Nonetheless, the intimidation that washed over them was as powerful as a tsunami.

Then: the rain stopped, the hail stopped; the wind stopped. Soft snowflakes started to spill from the silvery clouds.

After a while, the trees had been enveloped by snow. Leaves were frosted crisps. An untouched blanket of snow camouflaged the forest floor. Bushes, that were tightly huddled next to trees, had icicles wrapped onto their short branches. Peacefully, blissful bears hibernated in shielded caves. Courageous foxes slithered through the blizzard, hoping to find a substantial meal. Serene owls burrowed into holes along tree trunks, seeking warmth and relaxation.

Blocks of snow buried into the meadow. Flimsy layers of ice formed a shell over the glacial water. Gently, thin litters of sleet dropped to the ground, melting away into the snow. Cautiously, chestnut deer trotted out upon the chilled meadow. Their chocolate fur contrasted with the bone white scenery, making them appear like a silhouette.

Fog crept across the hills, drinking every tree trunk in sight. It's silent footsteps snaked around every corner. Swiftly, the sheet of white smothered the bordering row of timber. Familiar sights now lay mysterious, hiding, impending out in their dulled haziness at the last minute, like visions from a half erased dream.

The meadow was now blurred; disguised.