Kiss it Better

As the typically energized blond walked through the dorm room halls with a somber look on his face he though to himself, 'I should tell Toshi?' He decided against the thought not wanting his theory to right and put him in danger. He had a horrible sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach when he reached the door he was looking for. "Hagakure Toru" the boy exhaled, murdering the words under his breath. He knocked twice and an immediate answer was heard from the other side.

"ONE MOMENT!" the girl shouted, followed by a series of thuds as she knocked stuff off the shelves scrambling to the door. The door swung open to reveal the invisible girl. His heart rate sped up in anxiety and fear.

"H-hay I need to t-talk to you." The blond stutter  rubbing the back of his neck. Toru replied cheerfully'

"Ok gimme a second to grab my phone and lock my door then we can head out." She opened her door went back in her room. Shortly after she came out phone in hand, she locked the door and the wo set out. They walked in awkward silence for a short time, not paying attention to where there were going. Toru was first to speak.

"You seem tense, what's on your mind?" she asked, an edge of caution in her voice. He didn't reply, he was trying to work up the nerve to confront her about his suspicions about her.

"Denki?" she asked now obviously worried. He stopped, head down fists clenched at his sides. He looked up and asked.

"Are you working with the league of villains? Are you the traitor! Where you the one casing so much pain, so much destruction!?" he said raising his voice with each sentence.

"ANSWER ME TORU! IS IT YOU!" He was yelling now. She looked down, only seen by the motion of the headband holding back her invisible hair.

"Yes, its me, congrats. I didn't expect the idiot to figure it out." she replied, her voice deeper taking on a more sinister tone at the end. He took one step back, horror now on his face as he clenched his teeth.

"Why. What drove you to this!" he growled in fear and anger, taking another step back. Toru took a gun out of her back pocket and pointed it at her opponent. Denki's eyes widen as he stares down the barrel of the handgun before him.

"T-Tor"

"Shut up!" He was interrupted by the girl.

"You know I was hoping that you would be one of the ones who served this little game, I guess i should have never given my hopes up. Oh well. Now that you know, you need to be eliminated. Any last words?" She explained with an invisible smirk. Denki took another step back this time he tripped over a folded in the carpet fell backward. Toru started to walk forward, lowering the gun to point at Denki's chest. The sound of a single gunshot rips through the air followed by defining silence. Denki slowly looks down at the wound in his chest and the red hot sticky blood soaking into his gray t-shirt. He looks back to Toru. to the right of them a door slams open to a horrified Hitoshi Shinsou. He looks to the girl with the gun, then indemnity to his boyfriend on the ground bleeding out, and ran to his side taking him into his arm.

"Hey, stay with me, don't close your eyes. Don't leave me." He begged as tears brimmed in eyes and began to roll down his cheeks in big droplets. The bleeding boy put a hand to his lover's face and cried out,

"K-kiss it all better, I'm not ready to go." weakly coughed and Hitoshi's grip on him tightened, and he could faintly hear people arriving at the seen behind him.

"Don't say stuff like that. This is my fault, I should have stepped in when i heard the yelling start, BUT I WAS TOO MUCH OF COWARD!" He cried out lightly pressing their foreheads together.

"It's not your fault love, you didn't know, you didn't...know" he barely finished his sentence be for dying in his lover's arms.

D-De-Denki? No. No, no, no! NO, NO YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME! DENKI!!" Hitoshi sobbed into Denki's limp shoulder. He looked up and noticed the gun Toru had dropped when she fled the seen. He gently laid the boy in his arms onto the ground before he stepped around the body and slowly picked up the gun. He looked down the hall that Toru had run down when she left, and ran down the same hall, his other classmates calling after him to stop. He slowed when he saw Toru rummaging through her room, packing a duffel bag with clothes.

"Why?" he said pointing the gun at the back of her head. "Answer me" His voice wavered and his hands shook as he held the gun.

"He got in my way. I had no choice. Just do it." she said never turning to face him ones. He hesitated for a second but pulled the trigger anyway. Nothing could be worse than the pain he felt in that moment.

Now he sits behind bars, twenty-five years to his name and he's not in his arms. He couldn't bring him back with a bullet to the heart. Of the back of a women who tore his world apart. He sits in his cell, and he lays on his bed covers his head and closes his eyes, He holds onto a memory. All it is, is a memory.

Word Count:927