Chapter One: Feelings

(Judy's POV.)

"Nick, stop messing around we need to get our work done". I shouted at nick who was balancing a doughnut on his nose. "If chief Bogo sees you doing that you'll get in trouble.

"Awww, Carrots if I didn't know any better I'd think you were worried about me". He said with a mock flirtatious tone to his voice.

I blushed a little. " N-no, that's not it". " I just don't want you too get in trouble". I replied a little to quickly. I don't know why but I could feel myself blushing and tried to hide it as best I could. 

Me and Nick have been partners since the missing mammals case. We had also been sharing an office too. Today was a particularly slow day, there had not been a case in weeks and I could tell Nick was getting restless.

"So are shift's almost over, you want to go get something to eat when we're off"? Nick asked.

"Yeah sure". I replied. "How bout that new place that opened up down the street". "I heard from Sharon that they serve to predators and prey alike". I replied.

"5..4..3..2.. and our shift is over"! Nick cheered joyously. "Let's go before chief buffalo butt gives us more work".

"WHAT WAS THAT WILDE"?!

"Nothing Chief"! Nick replied quickly.

Me and Nick exit our office. We say goodbye to Clawhauser on our way out. We go to the restaurant and we order. I order a a garden salad with carrot juice.

"I'll have a bug burger and some orange soda". Says Nick.

"Would you like some special sauce on that sir"? The waiter asks

"Yes I would, thank you". Nick replies politely.

I'm finishing my salad when Nick gestures to me. "Carrots look". He says. He tosses the last bite of the burger into the air and it awkwardly hits his nose and falls in his mouth. 

He grins triumphantly. I notice a little a bit of sauce on his nose. ( "He can be so cute sometimes". I think. "W-wait what"? "I can't think that Nick is cute". "He's a fox and I'm a bunny, end of story".)

"Carrots, Carrots"! I notice Nick calling me and I snap back to reality.

"Carrots are you blushing"? Nick asks.

I realize I am and I blush more immediately trying to hide it. "N-no". I say stuttering. "Of course I'm not"

"Oh really". Nick says smirking. "Then why was your face all red"?

"Because it is hot in hear". I say nervously.

"Riiiiiight". Nick says obviously not believing me.

I finish eating and we start the walk home. It is dark out and a little cool. Our apartments are in the same direction so we walk together and talk. "So what are you planning on doing tomorrow"? Nick asks. "I'm not sure". "Tomorrow's Saturday so I'll probably sleep in".

"Cool,Cool". Replies.

We keep walking when suddenly a pig rounds the corner and demands our wallets. 

"Gimme your wallets *snort*". The pig says

"Listen you don't want to do this". Nick says slowly approaching the mugger. "Just calm down and put down the knife".

Without warning the Pig pushes past Nick and charges toward me. He tackles me to the ground and raises the knife above his head. My life flashes before my eyes. All I can think is how it all really ends.

Then Nick tackles the guy and wrenches the knife out of his hands. I lay there stunned while Nick and the mugger go into an all out brawl. Oinking,growling,kicking, clawing. It goes on like this for a solid 3 minutes before the pig throws down a black pellet and smoke engulfs us both. Not being able to see anything I get worried. Then Nick comes out dragging the unconscious mugger by his hoodie. I throw my arms around him and cry into his shirt.

"Shh shh, there there Carrots". Nick says soothingly. "Everything's alright now." "How about we take this guy down to the station and then I'll walk you home". 

I give a slight nod and we drag the mugger to the precinct and lock him in a holding cell. As he said he would Nick walks me home. I am lost in thought only half my mind of walking. (The way Nick tackled that guy and how ferocious he looked, it is all I can think about). We arrive at my apartment.

"Well here we are". Says Nick. 

I half stumble my way in and tell Nick good night.

I crawl into bed and think back to earlier tonight. All I can think about is how he fought for me. It leads me to when we first met and then all I can think about is Nick. I keep thinking about his fur, his scent, his eyes, his smile, and everything else that makes him great. I realize before I fall asleep that I have feelings for Nick.