I Wasn't Staring

The sun had just begun to set when Jaebum finally convince Jackson that he was not the king of fire, and to let him help. Jackson had been trying to get his hastily stacked pile of driftwood to light for almost an hour before he finally gave up and let the older help. After shooing Jackson away and restacking the pile, there was a roaring campfire in minutes.

   The scent of wood smoke and hot sand slowly wove itself into the salty air as the sky began to burn a brilliant blend of colors. A small radio was produced from behind the number of personal coolers and camp chairs that now surrounded the fire. Your chair had managed to find its way beside Mark's and your fingers brushed every time he laughed or shifted in his chair. You could have sworn he was doing it on purpose. He was so... Effortlessly beautiful. From the way his hair fell to the way his eyes sparkled when he laughed, even the way his teeth were set was entrancing. He made you feel dizzy and everything else seemed to fade away.

   Actually, something had faded away.

   All conversation had stopped, only to be replaced with stifled giggles. Mark looked around, puzzled, and before you could wipe the look of adoration off your face-

   You tore your gaze away a moment too late. He had caught you staring. Everyone had.