⠀⠀𝟭𝟭. ❛ ANGEL OF SMALL DEATH ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 ❜

chapter no. 011!

❝ IT'S TIME TO PAY THE PIPER

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     THE ICY, METAL TOUCH OF THE SILVER TABLE WAS KISSING MY ELBOWS HARSHLY YET SWEETLY AS MY SKIN TREMBLED. The palms of my hands were nearly as cold as ice and shaking soundlessly as my bottom lip quivered in apprehension. "Cara..." Raine whispered in a perturbed tone, and I blinked for the first time in what felt like forever, a tear descending onto my already tear-stained cheeks.

     "T-This c-can't be happening," I whispered shakily as Ace crouched beside me, placing his hand on my right shoulder, but I flinched away.

     "I'm so sorry, Car," Ace murmured, but nothing he, or anyone, said could change what happened today.

     Lightning crackled down, its bright, illuminating light shone through the windows, and it echoed outside in the downpour. A door slammed from somewhere inside the house, and my head turned around so quickly I could've gotten whiplash. Grabbing the silver-plated baseball bat that rested in front of me on the table, I rose shakily. The power went out, and Raine yelped, leaving us in a cold dark that perched itself onto our shoulders and clouded our vision.

     "Lyn?" the voice of the man I loved sounded from the foyer, and a relieved breath of air fell from my lips.

     Dropping the bat to the floor, I raced down the darkened hallway. "Owen," I breathed, throwing my arms around him.