one

chrissy costanza as rebecca on the side

Rebecca

I push through everyone, trying to find my friends in the crowded club. Part of me just wanted to leave without saying goodbye or telling them I was going, but the other part of me - the more sensible and loyal part - knew that that really wasn't fair, as k was thee ride. that seems to be the case these days, i'm always their ride; or at least Alyssa's ride home. That prevents me from even wanting to come out. I'm always told to come, because 'it'll be fun!' but I never even get a sip of alcohol, can't be tipsy for the drive home.

After hearing my name being repetitively called out, I finally look to the direction it was coming from. Alyssa's waving her arms around like a maniac, whilst Bianca is hitting her arm, her cheeks red from embarrassment due to our friend drawing half the people in club's attention to us. Not that it'd matter too much, she's literally just shouting my name out, it could be far worse. She could be stripping on the top of the bar, for gods sake.

"Hey, I lost you guys." I laugh, exhausted from being shoved and pushed in every direction, we're at a new club. It's like a nightclub but really dingy, Emily's older brother told her about it and after their efforts at persuading me to come, I finally caved in.

"Sorry, that's probably partly my fault." Alyssa laughs, "I really want to take this guy home but I couldn't keep up with him, I think he went out the back to smoke something." I laugh slightly, continuing to stand awkwardly. Standing has never really been my thing, I just want to find a place to sit down.

"Just go find him, it's not like you've never done drugs." Emily chirps; her usual positivity radiating off of her (even as we talk about drugs). It wasn't unusual for Al' to find a guy she wants to take home for the night, with her being my roommate I have to live with the constant fear of being caught going to and from the bathroom in my unflattering pyjamas.

"I smoked but that's it! Drugs are damn dangerous!" She raises her voice slightly, she acts so hardcore but in reality it's not cool at all to smoke, I've never and I will never do so.

"Well just go out and ask for a cigarette," Emily laughs because as much as Al' tries to convince us she's a crazy party girl; she has limitations, and I thank god for that because if she didn't Id have no idea where she was and what she was doing.

"Yeah, I'll come if you're nervous." I joke, I'm always the one who has to come with her and be her 'wingman' or whatever because we're the closest, but I wasn't feeling it tonight. She wouldn't take Bianca because she's awkward and Emily would talk too much. So that's why it's always me, and i'm getting kind of sick of it.

"Really?"

"What? Oh, no." I felt kind of bad for shutting her down but what else can she expect? I've been dragged out here tonight, I just wanted to stay home and watch reruns of friends all night.

"Rebecca," The use of my full name makes me cringe, and to be completely honest her whining is making me want to pull my hair out.

"Bec, please call me Bec." I plead finally giving in and following her outside. She knows how I much I despise being called Rebecca. it's nothing against the name, it's just what I'm called when I'm in trouble and my fort instinct when hear it is that I've done something wrong.

"How's Ava?" She asks, making small talk as we come closer to the end of the hallway.

"Uh, she's doing alright. She should be discharged from hospital soon, the official date hasn't been confirmed." I stop at the end of the hallway, leavning back against the wall. "Go ahead."