Suicidal

As you can probably tell by the title, this isn't meant for all ages. If you're squeamish around suicidal thoughts, then go find something else to read.

   Disclaimer: I don't own Lab Rats.

   Nobody had known that, for him, everything had worked out.

   Nobody had known that everything that had happened that day was because of him.

   Nobody had known that he'd been waiting for this day for a long time.

   Nobody had known that he'd been excited for death.

   Maybe because nobody had really known him. They'd met him, yeah, but had they known him? No. His friends didn't know him. And his family didn't know him.

   It'd been hard to come to that reality. The only thing he'd ever wanted was for someone, anyone to care. He'd had fake care, because he'd been fake. But now they knew. They knew that he was a fraud, a monster.

   He was a monster. And monsters deserve to die. This monster wanted to die. He knew he couldn't change. Even if he wanted to, no one would accept him. But he didn't blame them. He wouldn't accept himself, either.

   Strange as it may be, before falling into death's hand, he searched for a reason to try to live.

   Friends? They hated him now.

   Family? Don't get him started.

   A dream? His only dream was to stop hurting people. And with death, that dream came true.

   He had no reason to live, so why bother? Why bother living when you could escape the misery?

   He closed his eyes, readying himself. A lone tear fell down his cheek. Why was he crying now? He was about to escape. Why didn't he cry when he found out that he meant nothing to anyone?

   Because he was reliving everything.

   He took a deep breath. He was ready. He was ready to die. He was ready to leave everything behind, because he had nothing. Nothing he cared for, anyway. Why would he care for someone who didn't care for him?

   With that, he gave up.

   If he'd waited just a moment longer, maybe he would've heard his father's cries as he tried to find him. Maybe he would've wanted to live.

   But no. He thought no one cared. But someone did. Someone who had tried to hide it, who tried to distance himself from his son because he wouldn't last much longer.

   Marcus died because he couldn't see the love in Douglas's eyes.

   Wow. I've never written anything like that before. I actually enjoyed writing it, though. (Is that weird?)

   What'd you guys think? Any ideas for future one shots? (I need some ideas. My brain is empty.)

   And don't forget to read my other WIP, Concealed. I should have another chapter up soon! ;)

   Jesus loves y'all! BionicallyChristian out!