Amenthere

"Amenthere, city of kings! Our stronghold and our home!

From bones of elder days we wrought

The vaulted crown of a higher age"

(*Typo: Amenthere, not 'Amanthere'

(*Typo: Amenthere, not 'Amanthere'.)

History:

Built in the heart of western Goran upon a rolling turf of grass and farmland, Amenthere was first raised in the year 2 A.A. (After Amenthis). Originally a meager fort built by the descendants of Goran's earliest human inhabitants, Amenthere has since grown to encompass nearly 4,000 hectares and is home to over sixty-thousand people. Only a few hours southwest from the Western Crossroads and less than a day's travel from Heart Lake, an inlet of the mighty Ramida River, Amenthere as a city is well situated to spread its influence far and wide across the land.

Divided into three major civilian districts and boasting an extensive commerce center, as well as the famed Academy, there is little that a person cannot accomplish in Amenthere. The only city more highly lauded for its arts and culture in all of western Goran is opulent Vaelona to the north. With multiple entrances and exits to Amenthere, the major roads see a near constant free-flow of human traffic beneath its walls each day. That is, until the Factionist rebellion sparked in the south...

 That is, until the Factionist rebellion sparked in the south

Architecture:

Besides laying claim to the famed Castle Armathain - the ancestral home of the heirs of First King Amenthis since the dawn of Goran - Amenthere is also the location of Goran's premier sporting stadium, The Lair. Ringed by enormous stone statues of individually crafted dragons upon its upper rim, The Lair hosts all royally sponsored public events in the city, including high profile tournaments and theater performances. The Lair is accessible by Castle Armathain via its famous Skybridge, a soaring causeway which connects the uppermost exit of the arena to the fifth level of the castle. This unique addition allows noble guests and dignitaries to move back and forth between the events at The Lair and the accompanying party in Castle Armathain without ever having to enter the city streets. However, the Skybridge is additionally impressive in that it can be closed each night, withdrawn at the center by a mechanized lever carefully guarded by the Knights of Amenthis.