Mental Health Awarness Week•Inspirational Characters To Me

I did some debating on whether or not to put this up on here, but I decided it might be nice to do. So here 'ya go.
If you did not know, this week (Oct. 7-13) Is Mental Health/Illness Awareness Week. This is to make people of different things about one's mental health, such as the two I will be talking about: Anxiety & Depression.
Ironically on this week, if you shorten Mental Health Awareness, it's MHA. Just like My Hero Academia. So I will be talking about two MHA characters named Eijiro Kirishima & Amajiki Tamaki. Why these two? You will see in a moment.

If you've ever seen MHA, you would know this is Kirishima

If you've ever seen MHA, you would know this is Kirishima. He's the manliest man in the show, right? But do you know what he was like before? Kirishima didn't use to be all smiles and joy. He used to be very sad and anxious. He didn't like his quirk at all, or how he stood around and did nothing when someone needed help. He felt useless and weak, even saying he "wasn't a man" because of it. But after something happened and events played out (I won't spoil anything, promise.) he realized it's okay to be scared. Pros are always afraid, and that doesn't make them any less of a pro. Soon enough Kirishima started to change his attitude and he started working on his mental health & quirk to become the Kirishima we all know and love to this day! I relate to Kirishima a lot, thinking negatively about myself a lot & thinking I'm not worth it. Also I know what it is like to think you have to have no fears to be brave, to be the best. But really to be the best, you have to admit you have fears. Kirishima has inspired me to try and overcome these obstacles in my life and try to be better myself. Taught me that it's okay and I shouldn't be afraid or have regrets, and that you should live yourself because you are amazing the way you are. Even though Kirishima gets scared sometimes or thinks he can't do something, he keeps going. He refuses to live with regret. He inspires me fully to try my best to overcome my own fears and self-doubts. Kirishima is a great character to look up to.

If you have read the MHA mangas, then you all should know what Tamaki here suffers from: Anxiety/Shyness

If you have read the MHA mangas, then you all should know what Tamaki here suffers from: Anxiety/Shyness. Tamaki has trouble recognizing his own accomplishments and just how amazing he is. On top of that he is very sensitive, lacking in confidence, gets nervous around a lot of people, and can't accept compliments if his life depended on it. Despite all of those things he struggles with in his life daily, he still pulls through at the top. Even if he has all those mental/emotional issues, he manages to take action and fight. He's one of the many brave characters I know, and I really love him for how he overcomes all of his obstacles. He strives to be the best so he can show his best to one person: Mirio. Because of Mirio, Tamaki is a hero, and he strives to do his best in his honor. Mirio always build him up, even if he's constantly crumbling & falling because of his anxiety and insecurities. I heavily relate to Tamaki because of his anxiety and everything else he has. It's hard to be positive and confident in myself a lot, even when it comes to things like drawing and writing, and I have trouble socializing with people because I'm afraid they won't like/accept me or I will be ignored, even if they are my friends/family. That's also the reason I'm always so afraid of losing my friends/family. I also relate to him because I want to be the best for, not really myself, but for my family and friends. I want to be brave even if I feel terrified and want to give up. I want to overcome my anxiety & depression, and just be able to face the world and not be afraid to show he real me. He's still working on it, just like me. We might be struggling, and it might only be progressing very little, but at least we are trying our best to overcome our problems and be the best we can.

With that I conclude my writing, and would like to just say that if you think it's weird to look up to a fictional character, it's not

With that I conclude my writing, and would like to just say that if you think it's weird to look up to a fictional character, it's not. It's hard to find real people to look up to in today's society, so sometimes we just need to look up to someone fictional. They might not be real, you're right, but they still can make you smile and drive you forward in life. So keep your head up, and say to the world "I am here!" with all the joy and confidence you possibly can. Remember no matter what you look like, sound like, ext., you're amazing! It took me a lot to put this on here for people, but it's just another step up in my confidence I guess. Yes, you're going to go through some tough times. But that's life. All you gotta do is pull through and believe in yourself! And believe me, even if you don't know it someone out there is supporting you and cheering you on! Keep going and live your life to the fullest!
-Sonicthelily

 All you gotta do is pull through and believe in yourself! And believe me, even if you don't know it someone out there is supporting you and cheering you on! Keep going and live your life to the fullest! -Sonicthelily